Liftoff is the leading growth acceleration platform for the mobile industry, helping advertisers, publishers, game developers and DSPs scale revenue growth with solutions to market and monetize mobile apps.
Liftoff’s solutions, including Accelerate, Direct, Influence, Monetize, Intelligence, and Vungle Exchange, support over 6,600 mobile businesses across 74 countries in sectors such as gaming, social, finance, ecommerce, and entertainment. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Redwood City, CA, Liftoff has a diverse, global presence.
At Liftoff, we’re solving one of the core problems faced by every mobile app: growth. To do so, we build Machine Learning and Big Data-driven technology that can accurately predict which apps a user will like, and connect them in a compelling way. Our systems operate at a scale unseen outside of the largest Internet companies -- processing over 4 million requests per second and interacting with over a billion users a week. Our technology is innovative and we have strong product-market fit; as a result, we're profitable and seeing tremendous growth.
Across our engineering teams, we offer a wide range of opportunities for different skill levels and experiences.
About our Production Engineering Opportunity
Liftoff's Production Engineering team is the core of Liftoff's success. Our group uses data-driven engineering thinking to optimize developer workflow in delivering products and features that are scalable, reliable and efficient.
This role will be based out of Singapore. While we are a remote first company, we encourage teammates to come to the office once per week (Thursdays are our in-hub day!).
- Have end-to-end ownership to one of Liftoff's core machine learning platform that handles large scale real-time data processing pipelines and high-performance model inference
- Build the MLOps ecosystem that leverages toolings from open source communities as well as those provided by other internal teams to create ML workflow that allows rapid experimentation and frictionless path to productionization.
- Apply DevOps principles to advocate automation and monitoring at every step of the way in taking ML models from development to production.
- Build ML observability to track the statistics of the data and the online performance of the models and automated actions when model performance deviates from acceptable thresholds.
- Be part of an “engineering excellence” culture through state-of-the-art tools, risk-driven testing, explainable systems and code review.
- You will share L1 on-call rotation with other members of the Production Engineering team for systems that are owned and managed by the team.
- Mentor and share knowledge with other team members.
- BS in Computer Science with 5+ years of professional experience, or
MS in Computer Science with 3+ years of professional experience, or equivalent
- Deep understanding of computer architectures, data structures, and algorithms;
- An incredible desire for quality and perfection, and the ability to temper it when necessary to ship.
- Experience with Kubernetes and workflow orchestration (Airflow, Spark, Thrift)
- Experience building CI/CD for large distributed systems or backend architectures (preferably on Kubernetes and around model development pipeline).
- Have good team communication and collaboration skills.
- Passionate about helping others and invested in the team’s success
Nice to Have
- Experience in SRE / DevOps / Platform Engineering / ML Engineering roles.
- Experience in building self-serve platforms and track records in driving shift-left adoption
- Understanding of various security standards, protocols and implementation details.
- Previous professional experience writing in Golang, Java, Scala, Python, NodeJS, C or C++.
- Experience with Multi-Cloud Computing (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.).
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases (Redshift, Postgres, Redis, Mongo, Elasticsearch)
- Experience with messaging systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka, Red Panda)
- Experience with streaming systems (Flink)
- Experience with Feature Store (Feast, Feather)
Working at Liftoff is fast-paced, fun, and challenging, and we thrive on innovation. Come join our team and help shape the future of the mobile app ecosystem. If this role sounds interesting to you, we would love to hear from you!
The base pay range for this position is SGD 125,000 - 140,000 annual base.
Liftoff is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. Liftoff is further committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex, gender (including sexual harassment, gender harassment, and harassment due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, gender nonconformity, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition(s), genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status, family care status, requesting or taking pregnancy, parental or disability leave, requesting an accommodation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. All such discrimination and harassment is unlawful and will not be tolerated. Liftoff maintains a continued commitment to equal employment opportunity and expects the full cooperation of all personnel.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Liftoff does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or Recruiting Team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Liftoff vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Recruiting Team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Liftoff Recruiting Team and such a candidate was submitted to the Liftoff Recruiting Team via our Applicant Tracking System.
Other Jobs from Liftoff
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results