Iterable is a cross-channel platform that powers unified customer experiences and empowers marketers to improve on every interaction taking place throughout the customer journey. With Iterable, brands create individualized marketing touchpoints that earn engagement, solidify trust and galvanize loyal consumer-brand relationships.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to implement where it matters most—creating experiences and promoting connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power excellent customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past four years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado’s Best Paying Companies! We’ve also been listed on Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a global presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, and London, and remote employees located all over the world. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, and learn more about our mission, explore our Culture and About Us page.
How you will make an impact:
Engineering at Iterable is responsible for the core platform used by our growing customer base. In this role, you’ll evolve the platform, increasing it’s value for our users. Our Engineering team works closely with Product, Design, Infrastructure, and SRE to bring next-generation marketing solutions to our massively-scalable platform. We believe in building an Engineering culture guided by our company values which you can learn more about here.
One of our core values is Growth Mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can continuously learn. If this is an idea that excites you, please do apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
You’ll work as a member of Team Q. Team Q manages Iterable technologies and libraries powering the myriad of queueing problems across Iterable. At peak parts of the day these queues sustain over 500k publishes a second! Team Q is building towards a continuously enriching self-service platforms that allow every Iterable teams to plug into this high scale torrent of messages - seamlessly.
- Own and develop back-end products
- Architect and develop solutions to scale a complex platform that reaches billions of users
- Collaborate with frontend, backend, product, and design to conceptualize and build new product features
- Provide direction for your team and lead standards across the Engineering organization
- Improve Engineering processes, tooling, and efficiency
- Speak at conferences and meetups
- Mentor and guide team members
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Relevant industry experience building web applications
- Experience with queueing technology (Pulsar, RMQ, SQS, Kafka, etc)
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language (ideally Scala and/or Java)
- A desire to be part of a values-driven Engineering team
- Endless curiosity -- always seeking to understand more and share that knowledge with the team
Our Technology Stack:
- Programming Languages: Scala,
- Databases: Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redis, CockroachDB
- Queues: Pulsar, Kafka, SQS, RabbitMQ
- Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Experience with functional programming and the JVM
- Experience with async workflows in distributed systems
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
We’re rethinking traditional workplace planning and looking to strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity, and happiness whether it’s in an office, from home, or a hybrid of the two. As such, we've moved to a single geographical compensation band for all of our employees (the San Francisco Bay Area market for the US, London for the UK).
The annual base salary range for this position is $144,900 - $168,000. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and internal equity considerations. While we use our full salary ranges, we only consider offering a salary near the top of the range in situations where the candidate far exceeds the experience level and skills required for the role.
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.