About the Team
Join a pioneer regional team in a globally established company that is continually redefining how people travel. Our APAC team is responsible for reliably connecting our customers with diversified sources of travel inventory (Air, Hotel, Ground transportation) so that we can always offer the best possible deal. As Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for representing the Asia-Pacific travel customer by scaling and improving our feature set and operations.
You’ll work with a highly skilled team of technical, data and product-focused individuals, whose mission is to consistently find and deliver the best travel deals for our customers. Everything we do is focused on customer experience, data measurement and delivering value at speed, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry - you’ll be responsible for making that a reality.
- Work with and mentor your teammates by being a huge proponent of best practices, performance, and reliability
- Set code and performance standards through code reviews and participating in discussions
- Execute what you build - DevOps mindset
- Evolve and maintain our microservices architecture, including monitoring and alerting systems
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback to foster growth
Preferred professional experiences
- 9+ years professional experience, professional programming experience with Scala or other functional programming languages
- Strong CS knowledge, expertise building complex distributed services on large-scale platform for web and mobile apps
- Proven experience building and managing backend systems in a cloud environment like AWS or GCP
- Experience building and managing multiple external API integrations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
You will be a great fit if you possess
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table.
- A love of learning and teaching with a demonstrable empathy for customers
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists
- Professional experience developing data heavy platforms or APIs.
Benefits that Hopper provides
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- $200 Carrot Cash annual travel stipend (available in most countries)
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- Additional compensation for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance costs
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
Apps Artificial Intelligence Big Data Mobile Apps Predictive Analytics Travel