How you will help
As a Software Engineer on the Privacy Engineering team, you will support and extend the core technologies that preserve the privacy of patient and consumer data across a number of HealthVerity’s products and services. You will improve the core algorithms that power our patient de-identification and linkage technology. You will work with key stakeholders to understand and execute on requirements for building user interfaces for our clients. You will help to optimize a secure multiparty computing solution that links millions of rows of healthcare and consumer data.
What you will do
• Work with key stakeholders to refine requirements and eliminate ambiguity
• Design, discuss, implement, and ship features extending Python-based services deployed to AWS
• Work with engineers on other teams to drive technology decision-making across the organization
• Ensure the highest engineering standards for architecture, implementation and testing
• Provide innovations that fuel the growth of the company
• Mentor and train other engineers at a variety of levels
Our tech stack
The Privacy team leverages the following technologies in our day-to-day development process:
Python, Cython, React js, TypeScript, Java, Go, Serverless Framework, AWS Lambda, AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS Aurora, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Elasticache, ZeroMQ
• Up to date on best practices and standards associated with Python and AWS products
• A strong communicator that works well in a collaborative environment
• Passionate about delivering quality solutions
• A cloud-native developer experienced with front-end technologies
Desired skills and experience
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 2+ years of Python experience
• 2+ years experience with AWS (Lambda, S3, Aurora)
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment technologies
Desired skills and experience
• Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering or a related field
• Prior experience developing software in a fast-paced, start-up environment
• Experience working in a regulated industry like healthcare or finance with compliance requirements
• Experience in application architecture, microservice architecture, event-driven architectures, messaging systems, and domain-driven design
• Experience working with Lean / Agile development methodologies
Base salary for the role is commensurate with experience and can range between $110,000 - 160,000 + annual bonus opportunity.
HealthVerity synchronizes transformational technologies with the nation’s largest healthcare and consumer data ecosystem to power previously unattainable outcomes and fundamentally advance the science. We offer a comprehensive, yet flexible approach, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange (IPGE), that synchronizes unparalleled Identity management with built-in Privacy compliance and Governance, providing the ability to discover and Exchange a near limitless combination of data at a record pace. Together with our partners in life sciences, government and insurance, we are Synchronizing the Science. To learn more about HealthVerity, visit healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia with 50% of the team distributed across 25+ states
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. All qualified job applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com
Remote opportunities are not available in all areas and require team members to work from a fixed location due to tax and labor law implications - specific questions about remote positions can be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.
Health Care Information Services Information Technology