How you will help
You will assist the data delivery team with optimizing the data extraction and delivery process to ensure accurate and on-time data deliveries that meet client expectations. To achieve this, you will dive in to fix issues, optimize processes, and automate what you and the data delivery team do more than once. You will use the best tools for the job, whether modern and revolutionary or time tested and proven, to deliver elegant, scalable solutions that meet business and technical needs.
What you will do
•Work with internal stakeholders to understand business needs for data deliveries
•Troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to data extraction and delivery
•Help establish procedures and best practices for extracting and delivering data
•Work with some of the most exciting open-source tools like Spark, Hadoop, Airflow, Zeppelin
•Leverage distributed computing and serverless architecture such as AWS EMR
•Enjoy the peace that comes with working in a mature software development environment
•Research and implement new technologies with a team of developers to execute strategies and implement solutions
•Produce peer reviewed quality routines
•Solve complex problems related to the real-time discovery of large data
•Continue to develop broader and deeper knowledge of data assets and analytic methodologies everyday
• Experienced in writing scalable applications on distributed architectures
• Data driven, testing and measuring as much as you can
• Eager to both review peer code and have your code reviewed
• Confident in SQL, you know it, write smart queries, it’s no big deal
• Passionate about data and optimizing processes around it
• Excited about building and creating production processes that run on time, efficiently, and correctly
• A self-starter that enjoys working in a small, rapidly changing, fast paced environment
• Extremely comfortable working with large data sets
Required skills and experience
• 5+ years of work experience
• 3+ years of experience with SQL
• 3+ years of experience with Python
• 1+ years of experience with AWS EMR, AWS S3 service
• Comfortable using *nix command line (shell scripting, AWK, SED)
• Comfortable working in remote environments
• Able to gather requirements, test strategies, design deliverables
• Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
• Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Experience with Apache Airflow
• Experience with Apache Zeppelin
• Knowledge of healthcare industry data utilized by manufacturers, payers, clearing houses, etc.
Base salary for the role is commensurate with experience and can range between $63,000 - 250,000 + annual bonus opportunity.
At HealthVerity we are actively solving some of the greatest challenges in healthcare through innovative technology and data solutions. Our customers and partners including pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers and government organizations look to HealthVerity to partner on their most complicated use cases, leveraging our transformative technologies and real-world data infrastructure. The HealthVerity IPGE platform, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange, enables the discovery of RWD across the broadest healthcare data ecosystem, the building of more complete and accurate patient journeys and the ability to power best-in-class analytics and applications with flexibility and ease. To learn more about the HealthVerity IPGE platform, visit www.healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia with 50% of the team distributed across 25+ states
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com
HealthVerity offers in-office and remote options, so you can work from anywhere within the US! #LI-Remote
Health Care Information Services Information Technology