At Groq. We believe in an AI economy powered by human agency. We envision a world where AI is accessible to all, a world that demands processing power that is better, faster, and more affordable than is available today. AI applications are currently constrained by the limitations of the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), a technology originally developed for the gaming market and soon to become the weakest link in the AI economy.
Enter Groq's LPU™ Inference Engine. Specifically engineered for the demands of large language models (LLMs), the Language Processing Unit outpaces the GPU in speed, power, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness. The quickest way to understand the opportunity is to watch the following talk – groq.link/scspdemo.
Why join Groq? AI will change humanity forever, and we believe preservation of human agency and self determination is only possible if AI is made affordably and universally accessible. Groq’s LPUs will power AI from an early stage, and you will get to leave your fingerprint on civilization.
Sr. Staff Logic Design Engineer - Numerics
About this role:
The Sr. Staff Logic Design Engineer will work closely with internal interdisciplinary teams to help us build high-performance, power efficient chips for AI applications with a focus on numerics. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
Responsibilities & opportunities in this role:
- Logic Design for next generation Tensor Streaming Processor accelerator (TSP), with an emphasis on numerics.
- Collaborate with the Architecture and Software teams on the definition of the ASIC architecture and microarchitecture for numerics
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Architecture, Verification and Physical Design teams towards optimal area, performance and power targets.
- Drive low-power techniques into your designs.
- Full block ownership of one of the key logic blocks for our next generation TSP chip.
- Own all aspects of numerics processing block (design, implementation, documentation, verification, bring-up, and validation)
Ideal candidates have/are:
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Good written and oral communication skills; strong technical documentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed; self-confidence and self-starter
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Qualifications for this role:
- MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineer or related degree required; advanced degrees (PhD) a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant ASIC design experience
- In depth understanding of numerical representation, and multiplier design.
- Deep understanding of Numerics and IEEE754 for Float numbers.
- Experience designing multipliers or ALUs is a plus.
- Experience designing custom fixed point and floating point formats is a plus.
- Experience optimizing arithmetic datapaths for power and area is a plus.
- Background in Mathematics for AI application is a plus
- Good understanding of ASIC Front-end Design Flow
- RTL design & simulation (Verilog)
- Timing closure
- Area analysis
- Good knowledge of low-power techniques
Attributes of a Groqster:
- Humility - Egos are checked at the door
- Collaborative & Team Savvy - We make up the smartest person in the room, together
- Growth & Giver Mindset - Learn it all versus know it all, we share knowledge generously
- Curious & Innovative - Take a creative approach to projects, problems, and design
- Passion, Grit, & Boldness - no limit thinking, fueling informed risk taking
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Compensation: The national pay range for our technical roles are $100,000-$500,000. The national pay range for our non-technical roles are $90,000-$470,000. Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience aligned with Groq’s internal leveling guidelines and benchmarks.
Location: Groq is a geo-agnostic company, meaning you work where you are. Exceptional candidates will thrive in asynchronous partnerships and remote collaboration methods. Some roles may require being located near our primary sites, as indicated in the job description.
At Groq: Our goal is to hire and promote an exceptional workforce as diverse as the global populations we serve. Groq is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our organization. We value and celebrate diversity in thought, beliefs, talent, expression, and backgrounds. We know that our individual differences make us better.
Groq is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. We also take affirmative action to offer employment opportunities to minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.
Groq is committed to working with qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants who would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or who need special assistance or a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only. Evaluation of requests for reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. #LI-Remote
Other Jobs from Groq
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member with 1 day free trial