GetMyBoat, the largest boat rental and charter marketplace, is changing the way the world goes boating. Remote work is baked into our DNA and has been a big part of our culture since we started back in 2013. Our talented team is globally distributed with concentrations in Europe/Africa and the Americas time zones. Together we solve interesting challenges, build, design, learn and iterate towards our mission to deliver the joy of on-the-water experiences to millions, making it easy and accessible to get more people out on the water!
What we offer
- Fully remote environment: Flexibility and trust that our team will do and deliver their best work
- Globally distributed team: International learnings and collaboration within an inclusive and diverse culture and time for focus work
- Transparency: Open communication is key to our culture. You can feel free to chat with anyone, are empowered to share ideas, ask questions and challenge the status quo in a way that moves the company and team forward
- High-quality product: No rushing to push out poorly developed or designed features
- Consumer-Facing Brand: Your work will be seen and used by millions of people in order to book their most memorable vacation experiences
- Well funded: Revenue generating, recently raised Series B
We’re looking for
A Senior Golang Backend Developer to work closely with our Head of Software Development, Head of Product and Backend Developers for our fast growing online application of 100,000+ daily active users.
Success in this role is defined as working with a small high-performance global engineering team to build a world-class e-commerce marketplace experience for all of our users. This position is fully remote within GMT+2 & GMT -5 | EST timezone.
Your voyage (What you’ll do)
- Develop a deep understanding of the business logic and how this affects feature implementation.
- Collaborate with designers and developers to translate ideas and concepts into feature technical specs.
- Create timelines and break projects into deliverables.
- Prototyping to tackle high-risk areas early.
- Integrate with third-party APIs e.g. payment gateways, Google Places.
- Present multiple approaches to solving a problem. Sometimes a simple solution is best, sometimes it isn't.
- Write performant code with a focus on a fast mobile web experience.
- Help plan and support cross-platform deployments.
- Write low defect code with high test coverage.
- Forward-thinking and planning on feature expansion.
Your craft (Who you are)
- Experience with: Golang, Python, Django, git, MySQL or other relational database
- Proficient in English (written and verbal communication)
- Understand the concepts of Continuous integration and development
- Experience working in and with a remote team
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Minimum 8 years of experience
Experience with the following would be beneficial
- AWS IAM, EC2 and EKS
What you can expect after you apply
Because we are a team that prioritizes moving words to action, we do our best to move as quickly as we can on our end and look to iterate on our hiring processes over time based on feedback and learning.
Our hiring stages may vary a little bit depending on the type of position, in general, you can expect the following:
- Confirmation when your application is submitted
- Email request for scheduling an introduction screening conversation
- Email request for scheduling an interview with the hiring manager
- Additional interview(s) and/or Technical, Portfolio or Case Study assignment or presentation
- References & Reverse Interview(s): This gives candidates the opportunity to speak to and ask questions of anyone on our team they have remaining questions for
- If at any point, you aren’t moved to the next stage, you will be notified
Who we are
Launched in San Francisco in 2013, GetMyBoat empowers owners of every type of watercraft, from kayaks and sailboats to powerboats and yachts, to post their watercraft for rent or charter. From California to Croatia, our users can search, find and book their dreamboat. With over 150,000 listings in 184 countries and 9,300 locations, there is an experience for new boaters and seasoned sailors alike. We were named in the Digital 100 top growing brands 2021, and 2020 Apple App of the Day.
We are a small, growing organization with a very high-impact team that is focused on building the best product, and loving what we do. Come join us on our mission to deliver the joy of on-the-water experiences, making it easy and accessible to get more people out on the water!