Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
Reliability Engineering reports to the Director of Battery Module Development and will focus on supporting the development and management of our product lifetime reliability products, energy grid battery storage solutions.
Working with a large cross-functional and distributed group, you will establish the validation needs, ensure reliability confidence, and strategize and onboard the reliability tools and methods to support the above. You will also support the FMEA process to help define priority areas and liaise with the test teams for result analysis. There will initially be one reliability engineer reporting to this position. However, the future growth of this team will also be defined and driven by the manager.
This is an excellent opportunity for a process leader with well-developed communication and collaboration skills to engage others to address ambiguity and influence outcomes, directly impacting climate change.
What You'll Do:
- Lead reliability engineering work from beginning to end in a product lifecycle
- Define the reliability methods and tools for establishing confidence within Form Energy's process
- Lead execution of DFR, including defining reliability targets, usage models, DFMEA, test specs, test planning, and reliability growth
- Manage reliability activities with cross-functional teams to conduct DFMEAs, failure analyses, and reliability block models to optimize product reliability with risk mitigations
- Work with the test engineering team to develop reliability test and verification plans on systems and subsystems
- Support test data analysis, and collaborate with design engineers to resolve issues detected in testing
- Educate cross-functional teams on the method and importance of DFR and Reliability target analysis to ensure buy-in and success of test execution
What You'll Bring:
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and climate change
- Five years plus of industry-related experience in a reliability analysis role
- Reliability software experience, e.g., Reliasoft, etc
- Proven experience developing reliability block models, developing reliability test plans, and reliability analysis, and demonstrated ability to share reliability concepts and methods with product engineers
- Data analysis experience
- Well-developed influencing, communication, and collaboration skills; adaptable and able to work independently with creative and proactive problem-solving skills
- Master's or PhD degree in reliability engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science, industrial engineering, or a related field
The Massachusetts salary range for this role is $208,020-$256,625. The California salary range for this role is $217,475-$268,290. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Battery Energy Energy Storage Environmental Engineering Renewable Energy