Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for a highly driven civil engineer to lead the civil discipline for our first-in-kind battery factory and beyond. In this role, you will lead the site development, civil engineering, own the relationship with local jurisdiction, site planning, circulation, logistics and site utilities, etc. This is an exciting opportunity to start from a blank slate and use first principles fundamentals to design all FormFactory site infrastructure needed to achieve the most advanced high volume battery manufacturing in the world.
This opportunity is based out of the Greater Pittsburgh Area
What You'll Do:
- Lead the civil engineering discipline to build our battery factories.
- Responsible for the civil engineering concepts, scope, requirements, deliverables, design reviews, permit packages, resourcing and management of internal/external consultants.
- Engineer of Record (EOR) for some projects (if licensed).
- Own integration with all other engineering disciplines and quality of their deliverables.
- Use engineering fundamentals and challenge project requirements to define best technical solutions.
- Independently develop high quality civil engineering products including construction document drawings, specifications, narratives, and calculations.
- Effectively and proactively communicate project needs, changes, and status to internal and
- external team members.
- Review drawings and proposals by vendors, engineers, and architects, and drive multidisciplinary coordination.
- You will be working from the factory site in Weirton, WV and will participate in field construction and commissioning activities.
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of civil engineering experience in large commercial and industrial infrastructure (e.g., manufacturing, data centers, hospitals, etc).
- Civil professional engineer (P.E.) license or the ability to receive it.
- Experience in civil engineering design, stormwater management plans, stormwater pollution prevention plans (SWPPP), heavy civil, wastewater, and manufacturing.
- Experience in managing jurisdictions local to factory sites and new developments.
- Operational construction site development background with experience in design of roadway, grading, pavement, sewer, storm drainage, water, erosion and sediment control, and traffic plans.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D for civil design.
- Exceptional drive, sense of ownership and resourcefulness.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Battery Energy Energy Storage Environmental Engineering Renewable Energy