We’re looking for a Security Engineer (DevSecOps) ready to play a key role in our growing security team. In this role, you will work closely with our entire security team while focusing on our AWS cloud infrastructure. We’re looking for an individual who’s passionate about security and is looking to jumpstart their career developing and maintaining an enterprise AWS cloud infrastructure with security in mind.
In this role you will focus on two primary objectives; the security of FloQast’s infrastructure and the availability and scalability of Security's own infrastructure. You will work closely with our security and AWS cloud infrastructure teams to develop new, and maintain existing, tooling and automation workflows. You will be responsible for assisting in creating and maintaining deployment and monitoring tools and provide optimizations that allow for iterative improvement of engineering team productivity.
Our clients entrust FloQast with their financial data and as such it is our mission to deliver features that provide resilience, confidence and trust in our platform. We believe in scaling security through software engineering best practices and automation. You'll play a fundamental role in shaping the future of security at FloQast and your work will have significant impact and visibility.
FloQast is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and we are seeking US Based REMOTE Engineers.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
What you’ll do…
- Work with Security and DevOps teams to plan, deploy, and maintain security solutions in a cloud environment.
- Prepare, maintain and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure systems.
- Develop and maintain technical solutions and security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Assist with security reviews, threat modeling, code reviews, vendor integrations and third party contractor requests.
- Assist with our vulnerability management efforts across functional teams (AWS cloud enterprise and application security) to ensure we meet our SLAs and help mitigate risks.
- Assist with transitioning existing security tooling and assist other security team members with setting up their tools through our CI/CD process.
- Review and analyze new software solutions that FloQast is incorporating in our tech stack to ensure they follow our internal policies as well as ensure the implementations are secure.
- Monitor AWS security tools such as Security Hub and Guard DutyAny other projects as assigned to help the Company meet its goals.
We’re looking for someone with…
- Specific years of experience depends on role level (i.e. Security Engineer 1-3)
- Experience with software development, systems administration, and cloud-based application management.
- Experience with building and maintaining systems within the AWS ecosystem using VPC, ECS (Docker), EC2, S3, ELB/ALB, IAM, Lambda, and CloudWatch.
- Technical understanding of foundational security concepts or mechanisms, e.g. principle of least privilege, HTTP, DNS, VPN, SAML, OAuth etc.
- Understanding of infrastructure security, scaling, failover, load balancing, etc.
- Infrastructure automation tools experience (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD systems (preferably Jenkins and experience with pipelines)
- Scripting experience preferably Python, Nodejs, or Shell.
- Effective collaboration and documentation skills.
- Experience with log aggregation strategies (SIEM)
- Knowledge of web application security.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related field.
- Work Experience and/or AWS certification may be considered in lieu of a Degree.
- Familiarity with security best practices.
- Experience with Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning & security.
About FloQast www.floqast.com
Recognized as a 2021 Technology Fast 500 by Deloitte, FloQast is the leader in accounting workflow automation created by accountants for accountants. The cloud-based, AI-enhanced software is trusted by more than 1,500 accounting teams, including those at Snowflake, Twilio, Instacart, Zoom, and The Golden State Warriors. In July 2021, FloQast raised a $110 million Series D at a $1.2 billion valuation — and we’re growing!
What We Do
By automating common accounting workflows and helping to streamline and make them more efficient, FloQast is the place where accounting teams want to work so they can focus on what matters most, even when that’s just logging off on time. Whether automating reconciliations, documentation requests, or streamlining recurring accounting processes, such as the month-end close, financial reporting, or payroll, FloQast enhances the way accounting teams already work to help them operate more efficiently. Learn more at FloQast.com.
Here’s Why You Should Apply
- What is engineering working on? Our FQ Engineering Blog showcases a number of our recent efforts straight from the engineers working on them. Check it out!
- When we say our customers’ success is our priority, we’re not lying. Check us out on G2 Crowd and read a few of the 275+ 5-star reviews!
- Why do 95% of reviewers on Glassdoor say they would refer FloQast as an employer to a friend? Maintaining a collaborative, open, and fun company culture regardless of where FloQasters are located can be tricky, but we’re up to the task. Check out what actual FloQast employees have to say on Glassdoor.
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
- FloQast is regularly rated as one of the best places to work:
- Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2021
- Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal since 2017
- Built In’s Best Place to Work in Los Angeles since 2018
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.
If you are a Colorado, Connecticut, or New York City resident, please contact us by emailing email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email
Accounting B2B Enterprise Software SaaS