Flex is an early-stage, remote-first FinTech startup that is creating the best rent payment experience. It’s hard to believe that it’s 2023 and paying rent on time is expensive, inflexible, and difficult. We’re here to change that! We enable our users to pay rent throughout the month on a schedule that better fits their finances and budget. Our mission is to empower as many renters as possible with flexibility over their most significant recurring expense. After deliberately keeping a stealth profile as we built up unprecedented investor support and an enthusiastic user base, we are looking for motivated individuals to help us keep our mission growing in 2023.Will you be a part of the team?
Flex is looking for a Staff Software Engineer responsible for building the core platform services to enhance and extend our business functions.
In this role you will be part of the shared service team, responsible for the core platform that covers our major business functions such as Payment, Ledger, Identity&Auth, Settlement etc. You’ll be designing, developing, testing, and scaling the platform needed to deliver great user and partner experiences and a reliable end-to-end payment process.
You’ll work closely with your product, design and engineering peers to solve our users' most pressing problems around rent payment. You’ll roll out changes to our customers in an agile manner with a delivery cadence that favors small, frequent iterations. The ideal candidate will be comfortable leading scoping, design, prioritization, and implementation for APIs and services they build and can drive their production rollouts to completion with minimum oversight.
A minimum of 5 years of experience with Java is required for this position.
Who you are:
- You have strong computer science fundamentals
- You have 8+ years of experience in software development or a related field
- You have experience with the Java frameworks and tools we use at Flex such as Spring (core/web/boot), Gradle and JUnit
- You have strong experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, such as MySQL/PostgreSQL/DynamoDB and performance-turning
- You have the strong experience in translating the product requirements into technical architecture and workflows
- You have experience prioritizing, scoping and breaking down complex engineer work efforts across teams.
- You have experience designing and implementing services in distributed services environments at scale
- You have experience with observability and monitoring tools such as DataDog for maintaining high availability
- You write high-quality code that is testable, maintainable, scalable, and secure
- You have excellent knowledge of engineering best practices
- You have great communication skills(to both tech and non-tech audiences) and are comfortable working with a distributed team
- Prior experience working on cross-functional teams
- Proficient with Java and Spring (Bonus: AWS, Containers, Kubernetes, MySql)
- Experience with CI/CD to improve code stability and code quality
- Demonstrated technical leadership for a team with limited guidance from management or senior teammates.
- Demonstrated experience in driving the entire life cyle of cross-team projects(from requirement collection to delivery)
The national pay range for this role is $250,000-$290,000. Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's experience aligned with Flex's internal leveling guidelines and benchmarks.
Life at Flex:
- Competitive pay
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) + company stock options
- Unlimited paid time off with a PTO minimum + 13 company paid holidays
- Parental leave + IVF and adoption support
- Flex Cares Program: Non-profit company match + pet adoption coverage
- Free Flex subscription
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results