Farmers Business Network® (FBN®) is on a mission to power the prosperity of family farmers and rural communities around the world, transforming how the world farms with an integrated, technology-enabled agricultural platform.
We offer high ROI farm inputs, fintech and sustainability products and services powered by network data, and farm-tested insights from our global farmer community. Our platform helps FBN® members make confident decisions to ensure the economic viability of their farms, while also empowering them to be a part of the solution as the global community confronts its most pressing issues: providing food security for a growing population, transitioning to more sustainable agriculture, and responding to climate change.
We are a dynamic, innovative, and mission-driven AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as boundless career mobility. We are backed by top investors, including Fidelity, ADM, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek. We have been featured in these articles by the Wall Street Journal and Forbes, and were also named "One of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World" by Fast Company Magazine.
FBN prioritizes a secure, flexible, always on, and dependable infrastructure to support our team's mission of powering the prosperity of family farms. The Cloud Platform Engineer role designs, builds, and maintains FBN’s virtual infrastructure assets enabling critical system functions within IT so that our teams can deliver on our belief that we can and will even the playing field and help our grower members maximize their products potential. This role also assists in the protection of FBN’s assets by assessing security functions within the platforms and network. This role will have a deep and lasting impact on the continued build out of our IT infrastructure platforms and will have heavy collaboration with multiple teams both inside and outside of IT. As part of the IT Infrastructure team you will collaborate frequently with our DevOps and Engineer partners. Candidates should expect a consistent workload and will need excellent communication skills to support stakeholder engagement and team deliverables. A deep understanding of Cloud Platform architecture (AWS and Azure) is critical for candidates in this role as is a proven track record of successful cross functional deployment and redeployment of these resources. A strong background in scripting within multiple languages like BASH, Python, and other CLI tools is necessary. Additionally, a deep understanding of TCP/IP networking, Windows Server Administration is highly recommended for candidates interested in this role. The ability to build integrations using SDK and API structures is also highly recommended.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is geared for a dynamic and high-growth opportunity with our growing IT organization. A successful candidate will have good attention to detail, troubleshooting skills, the ability to learn new technologies quickly, and the ability to work on their own as well as within a small team. Candidates should demonstrate willingness to go the extra mile for the team's success.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a technology professional looking to be at the heart of a fast growing company.
- Plans, builds, and maintains virtual infrastructure within AWS and Azure Platforms for the IT organization with multiple partnerships including the IT HelpDesk, IT DevOps, Product and Engineering teams
- Owns implementation and testing of enhancements for infrastructure services in IT owned cloud platforms and will act as key implementation engineer when adjustments and maintenance needs arise
- Assists in the integration of platforms through API
- Partners with Security team to ensure a highly maintained set of rules, roles and access groups for each platform
- Perform troubleshooting, resolution, and problem analysis on all cloud platforms
- Participates in planning phase of IT project based work acting as a functional expert for AWS and Azure services
- Creates diagramming for solutions and documents processes and standards
- Educate and train other IT members on cloud platform structure as it relates to recurring task completion
- Assists in the enforcement of company wide security procedures & protocols
- Evaluates Security threats and applies mitigation strategies in partnership with other Security team members
- Other duties as assigned by FBN IT leadership.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field preferred or equivalent work-related experience. Years of experience may substitute for a degree.
- 5+ years experience in information technology with an emphasis in Cloud Platform Engineering, Architecture/DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering roles
- Experience assessing security controls and evaluating security posture of internal controls
- Experience in multiple Cloud Platform environments - AWS and Azure with the ability to speak “cloud fluent” language and terminology
- Expertise in common command line tools and syntax including JSON,BASH, ZSH, Python, Ruby, PowerShell and cloud specific tools like Terraform, AWS CLI and Powershell for Azure
- Experience in utilizing API, both REST and SOAP to connect and integrate architecture or automation platforms
- Expertise in TCP/IP Networking principles including a specific knowledge of AWS VPC networking, Route 53 DNS services, and Azure virtual networking
- Proven track record in maintaining complex AWS or Azure environments with multiple stakeholders and partners across multiple business lines
- Must possess an expert level of role based access and demonstrate an understanding of least access necessary principles
- Experience migrating existing applications from a physical datacenter to AWS or Azure architecture
- Should possess expert level Windows Server Administration knowledge
- Bonus points for AWS Certified Solutions Architect licensure
- Bonus points for CISSP or GIAC certifications
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
The following represents FBN's reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $95,000 - $110,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.