Our team is committed to enhancing physician and patient quality of life through Elation, a SaaS cloud-based clinical platform. Since inception, we’ve been focused on building a delightful world-class experience that empowers physicians to deliver phenomenal care to patients.
Elation is looking for a Backend or Fullstack Engineer with a deep understanding of web programming, design, and technical obstacles. Elation’s development team is a group of experienced and talented engineers who are passionate about our product and users. As a member of the team you’ll be involved in product design and development, work extensively in both web and mobile platforms, and deploy your changes to production weekly. We value diversity - great talent and ideas can come from anywhere!
We’ve built a development team that is distributed across North America, Canada, and New Zealand that comes from a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. We strongly encourage women and people from under-represented communities to apply.
- Work cross-functionally with an agile team including Product, UX/Design, Front-End Engineers, and QA.
- Offer input on technical design, UI, and product features.
- Build and architect features for an intuitive, user-friendly platform
- Suggest and drive improvement on all parts of the stack and internal development processes
- Help our skilled support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues
- Learn from and mentor other engineers and participate in code reviews
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years relevant professional experience in software development
- Experience building API’s using modern backend technologies at scale
- Ability to communicate complex technical problems to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong track record in building high quality and complex applications and delivering projects on time
- Knowledge of, or strong interest in, the US healthcare industry and common technologies used
- Experience with server-side technology including Python and MySQL
- Experience with React/Redux
- Experience with React Native and Expo for mobile development
- Track record of delivering SaaS products on AWS or other major cloud providers
Elation welcomes individuals from all backgrounds and walks of life. Elation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, and value individuals with diverse perspectives including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Elation also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. We firmly believe a strong culture that supports a diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to achieve Elation’s mission of helping independent primary care thrive.
As a healthcare technology company whose mission is to support IPCPs and frontline healthcare workers, and as a tight-knit company where we have the utmost concern and care for our team members, Elation Health has adopted a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
We will not require any candidates to be vaccinated in order to interview for our open positions, but all new hires at Elation will be required to share a copy of their vaccination certification or present documentation to request an exemption.
In compliance with the EEOC, any team member in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must provide People Ops (firstname.lastname@example.org) with appropriate documentation. For a medical exemption, we require a doctor’s note, and for a religious exemption, we require a note from the team member outlining the request.