Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Cloud Security team at Elastic is focused on developing solutions to help users protect their cloud-native environments through policy management and cloud security enforcement. As a Principal Frontend Engineer on this team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with our Design and Engineering teams to bridge the gap between visual design and implementation. You will be responsible for building and maintaining the frontend codebase for our cloud security solution on Kibana, a free and open-source frontend application that sits on top of the Elastic Stack. Your expertise in frontend engineering and leadership skills will be essential in shaping the user experience, functionality, and performance of our cloud security product, as well as mentoring and leading general processes within the team.
What you will be doing:
- Contribute to the development of the frontend codebase for Cloud Security in Kibana, a free and open-source frontend application that sits on top of the Elastic Stack, providing users with capabilities to protect their cloud-native environments through policy management and cloud security enforcement.
- Lead best practices for frontend development, ensuring a reliable foundation and an engaging user experience for our customers.
- Drive product-focused engineering efforts, working closely with product managers and other stakeholders to invent and ship valuable and meaningful features to the market.
- Engage with and provide leadership to a team of capable engineers and designers, fostering teamwork and collaboration to deliver high-quality frontend solutions.
- Work with technologies such as React and TypeScript to develop frontend solutions that are performant, scalable, and maintainable.
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders, such as product managers, UX designers, and backend engineers, to ensure seamless integration of frontend components into the overall product architecture.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in frontend engineering, contributing to the continuous improvement of our development processes and team culture.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers, providing technical expertise and sharing knowledge to foster their growth and development.
What you bring along:
- Interest in learning new tools, languages, workflows, and philosophies to support personal growth and adaptability to change.
- Ability to inspire and develop engineers, and rally people around meaningful projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong analytical, problem-solving, debugging, and troubleshooting abilities.
- Experience in working in a distributed team across different locations worldwide.
- Experience in developing a security-related SaaS product
- Experience with Kubernetes and cloud-native technologies
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision Poster; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster and Know Your Rights (Poster)
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
Other Jobs from Elastic
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results