Back to search
E-Commerce Software Sustainability
Senior Cloud Engineer (Remote) @ EcoCart
Remote San Francisco, CAUSD 120k - 150k
PYTHON DEEP LEARNING PHP SYMFONY API AWS TYPESCRIPT PYTORCH TENSORFLOW NUMPY BASH MACHINE LEARNING DYNAMODB
About Us 🌎
EcoCart is a sustainability software that calculates e-commerce brands' ecological footprints through machine learning and then enables them or their customers to offset the emissions of their orders through front-end experiences. We are backed by top VCs, executives from Facebook, Affirm, & Klaviyo, and by top-tier e-commerce founders of Chubbies, Blue Bottle Coffee, BarkBox, & Felix Gray.
We are a 30-person, remote-first company looking for people who are motivated by being part of a team building products that will help change the world. We’re growing quickly, and want you to grow with us - Join us in our mission to make the fight against climate change easy, accessible, and affordable for everyone!
Salary Range: $120,000 - $150,000
Check out our tech stack on StackShare: https://stackshare.io/ecocart-io/ecocart-io
Our ideal candidate 🤩
A self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative, dynamic environment, who shares our customer obsession and strives to deliver the most delightful customer experience.
Someone who is highly detail oriented, has a data-driven decision making process, and most importantly, gets excited by the opportunity to make an outsized impact by building creative products that are helping save the world!
In this role you will 💻
- Develop cloud architecture systems for exciting new levels of scale at EcoCart
- Work with API, data processing pipelines, and storage scalability problem sets
- Leverage past experience with technologies such as AWS, CDK, IaC (Infrastructure as Code), ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, Glue and more to help achieve our Global Scale
- Utilize programming experience in ideally Python or Typescript
- Help drive quality processes release decisions, and feature completion criteria.
- Enable developers to push applications and software globally with high reliability and uptime
- Utilize working knowledge of software developer and IT operations (DevOps) systems to enable cross-functional software development teams.
- Provide feedback, propose solutions and suggest improvements in the software.
- Monitor, and Troubleshoot issues that come up during software testing.
- Develop new applications and features with the entire engineering team, product team and design team
- Investigate failures, narrow down and reproduce issues affecting the product, isolate the root problem, document in established bug reporting tools, and determine the correct course of remediation.
We are looking for 🔍
- 4+ years of AWS Management and Support experience for multiple application / product teams
- A scrappy, action-biased, data-driven individual that can build processes to leverage the teams’ superpowers
- Someone who can take ownership and solve complex problems quickly and efficiently in a cloud native environment
- Obsession with stability and scalability when creating applications and pays great attention to detail when developing new infrastructure
- Strong documentation, diagramming and communication skills
- Strong IaC experience (we use CDK heavily)
Bonus points 🚀
- Experience working with Shopify
- Experience with PyTorch, or at least another major deep learning framework such as TensorFlow, MXNet.
- Some experience with data science tools including Python scripting, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, jupyter notebooks, bash scripting, Linux environment.
- Experience with PHP, specifically work with symfony applications
- Past experience building out large scale APIs and developing their infrastructure is a huge bonus!
-Series A Equity
-Best-of-the-best options for medical, dental, & vision insurance
-Mental health benefits
-Periodic days of rest, where the entire company enjoys a day off!
-Proactive, collaborative company culture with a shared vision for climate impact!