Back to search
E-Commerce Software Sustainability
Principal Backend Engineer (Remote) @ EcoCart
Remote San Francisco, CAUSD 170k - 200k
MACHINE LEARNING DYNAMODB POSTGRESQL AWS BASH API MICROSERVICES NUMPY PYTHON
About Us 🌎
EcoCart's mission is to make the fight against climate change easy, accessible, and affordable for everyone. We live at the intersection of E-Commerce and Climate Tech and build software that determines the ecological footprint of the manufacturing and delivery of goods sold by e-commerce brands around the world. Then through consumer-facing features, EcoCart enables shoppers to offset the emissions of the goods they are purchasing by donating to offset projects that EcoCart vets and supports. We are backed by top VCs, executives from Facebook, Affirm, & Klaviyo, and by top-tier e-commerce founders of Chubbies, Blue Bottle Coffee, BarkBox, & Felix Gray.
We are a 30-person, remote-first company looking for people who are motivated by being part of a team building products that will help change the world. We're growing quickly, and want you to grow with us - Join us in our mission to make commerce sustainable!
Salary Range: $170,000 - $200,000
Check out our tech stack on StackShare: https://stackshare.io/ecocart-io/ecocart-io
Our ideal candidate 🤩
A self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative, dynamic environment, who shares our customer obsession and strives to deliver the most delightful customer experience.
Someone who is highly detail oriented, has a data-driven decision making process, and most importantly, gets excited by the opportunity to make an outsized impact by building creative products that are helping save the world!
In this role you will 💻
- Be a lead engineer at EcoCart, responsible for managing, coaching, and supporting our engineering team of 3 (& growing)
- Lead our existing calculations team of two senior software engineers which builds highly scalable serverless Python APIs to calculate shipping and manufacturing emissions and costs
- Work with the Cloud and Machine Learning teams to build new and exciting features and achieve SLAs for our largest customers
- Be a member of the Engineering leadership team and work collaboratively with the VP of Product and Director of Engineering on strategizing and executing product roadmap
- Put together best-practice processes for the entire team that enable us to scale fast, but thoughtfully
- Bring a high level of technical expertise, guidance, and strategic decision-making to key areas of EcoCart, including web infrastructure, microservices architecture, machine learning and its orchestration, data pipelines, devops, CI/CD, and internal tools
We are looking for 🔍
- 7+ years of full stack development experience in a startup environment
- Ability to work with and lead a team of Senior Software Engineers
- A scrappy, action-biased, data-driven individual that can build processes to leverage the teams’ superpowers
- Someone who can take ownership and solve complex problems quickly and efficiently
- Experience with scalable transactional web applications
- Experience designing relational and non-relational databases (We use DynamoDB and Postgresql)
- Experience with Cloud (AWS) and especially Serverless technologies
- Ability to Dockerize and deploy Python applications
- Experience with Python testing frameworks
- Excellent understanding of Internet security & privacy mechanisms
- Past experience building out large scale APIs and developing their infrastructure
Bonus points 🚀
- Experience working with Shopify / other e-commerce applications or Chrome / other browser extensions
- Some experience with data science tools including Python scripting, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, jupyter notebooks, bash scripting, Linux environment
-Series A Equity
-Best-of-the-best options for medical, dental, & vision insurance
-Mental health benefits
-Periodic days of rest, where the entire company enjoys a day off!
-Proactive, collaborative company culture with a shared vision for climate impact!