We are an ambitious, well-funded, high-growth global technology company transforming the hotel industry. At Duetto, we are passionate about creating innovative analytical solutions to help hoteliers thrive. Although we work hard, the work atmosphere is casual, flexible, collaborative, and most of all, fun.
Duetto offers an open and collaborative work environment and believes that by cultivating a team with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, it will continue to lead the industry with its cutting-edge platform-based hospitality technology.
POSITION SUMMARY AND OPPORTUNITY
Duetto is an advanced analytics company, serving hotel customers with comprehensive reporting and sophisticated forecasting and pricing insights. Data engineering is a foundational need at Duetto to enable data-driven decision-making – both within Duetto and with our customers. This role will shape the way that our next wave of data engineering investment is used – defining how we transform our data and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business. Responsibilities may range from developing and enhancing our data warehouse which act as sources of truth across the company, driving data quality across product departments and teams, building self-service business intelligence infrastructure for data scientists, and connecting into data interfaces that allow everyone in Duetto to discover and analyze the data.
- Define and own team level data architecture for trusted, accessible repository of data that enables Duetto staff to quickly deliver insights.
- Enable Data Science and Machine Learning engineers to develop new models efficiently
- Identify technical opportunities in the current Duetto data ecosystem and drive new initiatives
- Keep existing data sources fresh against data quality issues, design data quality assurance framework and improve the processes for developing new ones raising the level of quality expected from our work.
- Lead unit, integration, and system tests on our data sources to validate data against source systems, and optimize performance to improve query speed and reduce cost.
- Improve data understanding. Support data definition, data catalog, data lineage efforts.
- Improve business and engineering team processes through data architecture, engineering, test, and best practices. Make enhancements that improve data processes.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, software engineering, or other related roles
- Commerce, and/or FinTech experience are a strong plus
- Professional experience in analytics, data science, or machine learning
- Experience using Spark, Presto, Flink, or Snowflake
- Experience building solutions with Parquet, or similar storage formats
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience building solutions with processing of both structured and semi-structured data
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience with developing and deploying tools used for data analysis
- Strong relational database knowledge with a solid knowledge of warehouse schemas
- Experience developing, maintaining data pipelines from multiple data sources (e.g. Airflow)
- Experience with best practices for development including query optimization, version control, code reviews, and documentation.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services, S3, EMR
- Strong expertise in Java and Python
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Team Player - Works well with others, highly collaborative and acts as a strong partner to other team members and functions.
- Leader – Ability to create direction and process for nascent team, and bring others on board..
- Guide – Ability to distill complex technical foundation and intricate business metrics into consistent, clear communications.
- Systems thinker – Ability to see the long view, and how incremental pieces of development ladder up to success and enablement.
- Organization - Eager and adept at managing end-to-end project planning and execution. Ability to prioritize with multiple different competing stakeholder priorities.
We are a team of passionate hospitality and technology professionals delivering a modern platform to hoteliers in over 60 countries. Our solutions address the biggest problems faced by the hospitality industry by simplifying distribution complexity and optimizing profitability with unique and powerful applications that increase conversion, guest loyalty, operational efficiency and revenue. Our goal is to become the most trusted, effective and widely used hotel technology company in the world. Founded in 2012, Duetto is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Las Vegas, London, Singapore and Buenos Aires. Duetto is backed by leading investors: Warburg Pincus, Accel Partners, Icon Ven Icon Ventures, and Battery Ventures. If you want to be a part of a fast-growing company, working with amazing people tackling big challenges in a massive industry, then Duetto is looking for you.