Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We’re looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots. The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history. Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Dropbox is looking for an engineer to step in and bring our mobile infrastructure team to the next level. The ideal candidate will have experience with Gradle and various CI/CD tools such as Buildkite, as well as some Kotlin or Java knowledge. You will be responsible for maintaining our Gradle build system, as well as working with our other engineers to improve our CI/CD pipeline. You will also be responsible for providing support to our developers and helping them to use Gradle effectively. If you are an Android or Platform engineer who would enjoy taking ownership of a key pipeline in Dropbox’s mobile teams, we want to hear from you!
- Maintain and upgrade our current Gradle tooling both to support developers as well as ensure a properly functional CI/CD system
- Improve the mobile build scripts by working on foundational issues and helping to rearchitect, as necessary
- Work with other engineers to promote best practices and ensure a high quality bar is maintained
- Collaborate with other build and platform teams to ensure tooling is properly supported and scalable to future solutions
- Provide support for other components owned by this team, not limited to features currently written in Kotlin or Java
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Understanding of operation/administration CI/CD systems (ex. Buildkite, CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.)
- Engineering skills + experience with Android application development (Kotlin + Java) with interest in deep-diving into platform build tools (Gradle)
- Experience working across teams/org to accomplish long-range projects
- Understanding of either/both macOS/Linux system administration a plus
Many teams at Dropbox run Services with on-call rotations, which entails being available for calls during both core and non-core business hours. If a team has an on-call rotation, all engineers on the team are expected to participate in the rotation as part of their employment. Applicants are encouraged to ask for more details of the rotations to which the applicant is applying.
Our Engineering Career Framework is viewable by anyone outside the company and describes what’s expected for our engineers at each of our career levels. Check out our blog post on this topic and more here.
At Dropbox, we strive to be a great place for all Dropboxers to grow and be recognized for that growth. This job posting reflects broad requirements, and represents two potential levels of role. Through our assessment process, we will identify your level that ties to compensation based on your experience and technical expertise along with the scope of the role.
Dropbox takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including job and level they are hired into, location/metropolitan area, skillset, and peer compensation. We target most new hire offers between the minimum up to the middle of the range.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
If you are assessed at the IC2 level, below are the current Salary/OTE ranges (Subject to change):
• US Zone 1: $154,700 - $182,000 - $209,300.
• US Zone 2: $139,200 - $163,800 - $188,400.
• US Zone 3: $123,800 - $145,600 - $167,400.
If you are assessed at the IC3 level, below are the current Salary/OTE ranges (Subject to change):
• US Zone 1: $187,000 - $220,000 - $253,000.
• US Zone 2: $168,300 - $198,000 - $227,700.
• US Zone 3: $149,600 - $176,000 - $202,400.
Dropbox uses the zip code of an employee’s remote work location to determine which metropolitan pay range we use. Current US Zone locations are as follows:
• US Zone 1: San Francisco metro, New York City metro, or Seattle metro
• US Zone 2: Austin (TX) metro, Chicago metro, California (outside SF metro), Colorado, Connecticut (outside NYC metro), Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York (outside NYC metro), Oregon, Pennsylvania (outside NYC or DC metro), Washington (outside Seattle metro) and Washington DC metro
• US Zone 3: All other US locations
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
Mental Health and Wellness benefits Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.