What we’re doing isn’t easy. But nothing worth doing ever is.
We envision a future powered by robots that work seamlessly with human teams. We build the Artificial Intelligence that enables service robots to collaborate with people and adapt to dynamic human environments. Join our team of mission-driven, venture-backed roboticists who will translate cutting-edge research into commercial reality. The technical challenges are immense. With your talent and passion, we will get there faster.
Diligent Robotics is searching for a Robotic Infrastructure Engineer to Design, develop, review and test ROS code that will be deployed onto robots in production. The ideal candidate is self driven, passionate, and has experience ROS1, Python and comfortable working on different pieces of the ROS stack. They also have a strong track record of being able to evaluate and debug code on real robots and in simulation. This person thrives in a fast paced development environment and has the ability to make rapid decisions. You can deal with ambiguous situations, remove obstacles and communicate well both verbally and via documentation.
- Design, develop, review and test ROS code that will be deployed onto robots in production
- Collaborate with teammates on their designs and maintain coding standards by reviewing their code
- Be able to evaluate and debug code on real robots and in simulation
- ROS1 experience
- Proficient in python
- Collaborates well in a team environment
- Communicates well both verbally and via documentation
- Quick learner
- Generalist background in robotics
- Comfortable with debugging and testing code on real robots
- Comfortable working on different pieces of the ROS stack
Nice to Have
- Experience writing production level code
- Experience writing robot behaviors (state machines, behavior trees)
- Experience with robot task planning
- Experience logging data from robots
- Experience with robot simulators (Gazebo, flatlands, webots, Nvidia Isaac)