The mission of the inbox team is to manage alerts coming from any system, service or infrastructure for organizations. This means having to sort thousands of alerts everyday, from dozens of disparate monitoring tools. They need to centralize these alerts into a single place, and filter and prioritize the most critical ones for immediate escalation into incidents. The goal of inbox is to organize all of these alerts in one place and support the above workflow of filtering, prioritizing and remediating these alerts.
As a front end focused Full Stack Software Engineer on the team, you will help bootstrap a fast-moving product team. You will be the first frontend engineer on the team and will build and scale new features for the product. Join us to build the next generation of high-scale, data-powered features for our customers.
Full stack engineers work across the Datadog backend and frontend—python, go, postgres, cassandra, and more on the backend and Typescript/React on the frontend—to build and scale new features for the core Datadog web application.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement compelling, usable UIs; contribute to their design; and engineer them with React
- Work on a fast moving team and help ship a brand new product from 0 to 1
- Work across the stack to deliver new features from start-to-finish
- Build clean, performant APIs to power data visualizations
- Improve performance and overcome scalability limits
- Own meaningful parts of the inbox product, have an impact, grow with the company
- Collaborate with other frontend engineers across the organization and the broader Datadog frontend community
Who You Are:
- You have significant experience in one or more languages
- You value code simplicity, performance and details
- You have been designing and engineering UIs for several years
- You are familiar with data structures and algorithms, profiling and optimization
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that values diversity of talent, excellence of product, and exciting engineering challenges at scale
- It will be bonus point if :
- You have prior experience in helping bootstrap new teams
- You’ve worked on a large application using Typescript, React, Angular or Redux
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities for internal mobility
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Free global mental health benefit through Spring Health
- Generous global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.