A typical day as a Cogniter will contain the following tasks & responsibilities
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies and own and solve problems end-to-end.
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Design solutions for users that help them get their jobs done.
- Design and implement elegant APIs, user experiences, and the underlying infrastructure.
- Be actively involved in setting product and technical direction.
- Be actively involved in product and technical decisions.
- Work closely with our skilled users to understand their needs and build products to help them succeed.
We believe most of these should match you and your experience
- You like to make users happy 😄
- You can prioritize your tasks and distribute your time and resources most efficiently to optimize for impact.
- You write well-structured, efficient, and maintainable code and actively keep the quality of the codebase in check.
- You have front-end experience in frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue, or something similar.
- Ability to learn other coding languages and use the language best fit for purpose.
- You have experience with cloud development, which may include Kubernetes, Docker or other related technologies. Familiarity with Azure, AWS and GCP is a plus.
- You enjoy making things happen and accepting responsibility for results. You don't just write code; you engineer the software.
- You recognise when to apply fresh and imaginative ideas and when to use tried and tested solutions, and enjoy both approaches.
- You are open-minded and cooperate well with others; share knowledge, experience and information effectively through oral and written communication; support others in pursuing team goals.
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience as a software engineer
- You have a Bachelor's degree (or higher) in a natural science field, such as Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
As we are hiring across several teams, many past experiences can be a bonus, for example:
- Experience leading teams or projects is a big plus; the same is experienced with architecting front-end tiers for complex domains
- Experience in process industry projects
- Knowledge of Python and data analytics
- Experience building mobile applications
A snapshot of our many perks and benefits as a Cogniter
- Competitive Compensation including base plus bonus
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages with premiums fully covered for employees and all dependents
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- 18 Company Holidays including the week between Christmas & New Years
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Company Paid Friday Lunch via DoorDash + Fully Stocked Fridges in the offices
- Join a team of 70 different nationalities 🌐 with Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) in focus 🤝.
- A highly modern and fun working environment with sublime culture across the organization, follow us on Instagram @cognitedata 📷 to know more
- Opportunity to work with and learn from some of the best people on some of the most ambitious projects found anywhere, across industries
- Join our HUB 🗣️ to be part of the conversation directly with Cogniters and our partners.
- Paid mobile phone and WiFI
- A pet lover? Get the chance to meet Spot 🐶!
Other Jobs from Cognite
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member