A typical day as a Cogniter will contain the following tasks & responsibilities
- Develop Cognite Data Fusion - a robust, state-of-the-art SaaS platform for industrial data.
- Implement and deploy software backends that incorporate AI systems at scale, more specifically around data extraction from documents into useful and searchable data for our customers
- Stay updated with the latest AI and machine learning trends
- Solve concrete industrial data problems by designing and implementing delightful APIs and robust services on top of Cognite Data Fusion. Examples include integrating data sources into our platform in a secure and scalable way and enabling high-performance data science pipelines.
- Work with application teams to ensure a delightful user experience that helps the user solve complex real-world problems that have yet to be solved before.
- Work with distributed open-source software such as Kubernetes, Kafka, Spark and similar to build scalable and performant solutions.
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Be actively involved in setting product and technical direction.
- Be actively involved in product and technical decisions.
We believe most of these should match you and your experience
- You can prioritize your tasks and distribute your time and resources most efficiently to optimize for impact.
- You write well-structured, efficient, and maintainable code and actively keep the quality of the codebase in check.
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience in one or more well-established backend programming languages, such as Python, Kotlin or C#.
- You also have a few years of experience writing SaaS backend microservices at scale and experience integrating AI features into real-world applications.
- You have experience with Knowledge Graphs and Graph databases like Neo4j
- You have the ability to learn other coding languages and use the language best fit for purpose.
- Having experience with building machine learning models, data modeling, NLP models or LLMs is a plus
- Having experience with orchestrators like Netflix's Conductor service is also a plus
- You have experience with cloud development, which may include Kubernetes, Docker or other related technologies.
- Familiarity with Azure, AWS and GCP is a plus.
- You enjoy making things happen and accepting responsibility for results. You don't just write code; you engineer the software.
- You recognize when to apply fresh and imaginative ideas and when to use tried and tested solutions, and enjoy both approaches.
- You are open-minded and cooperate well with others; share knowledge, experience and information effectively through oral and written communication; support others in pursuing team goals.
A snapshot of our many perks and benefits as a Cogniter
- Competitive Compensation including base plus bonus
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages with premiums fully covered for employees and all dependents
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- 18 Company Holidays including the week between Christmas & New Years
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Company Paid Friday Lunch via DoorDash + Fully Stocked Fridges in the offices
- Join a team of 70 different nationalities 🌐 with Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) in focus 🤝.
- A highly modern and fun working environment with sublime culture across the organization, follow us on Instagram @cognitedata 📷 to know more
- Opportunity to work with and learn from some of the best people on some of the most ambitious projects found anywhere, across industries
- Join our HUB 🗣️ to be part of the conversation directly with Cogniters and our partners.
- Paid mobile phone and WiFI
- A pet lover? Get the chance to meet Spot 🐶!
Other Jobs from Cognite
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member