Clumio Seoul R&D Center
Clumio is looking to hire Software Engineers in our new R&D center in Seoul, Korea (강남 테헤란로 area). You will be working closely with Woon Jung, CTO & Co-Founder, to build a world-class team. Together, we will execute our mission to deliver the simplest, yet the most sophisticated and comprehensive data protection service for all enterprise workloads in the public cloud.
Clumio is at its core a software technology company, our differentiation is the end result of solving difficult problems and hard-core engineering. We believe Korea has a rich pool of talent and we are excited to invest and build our new R&D center in Seoul to propel our pace of innovation.
Clumio was founded in October 2017 headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Over the last 4 years we created a comprehensive service for enterprise workloads running in the public cloud with a large number of customers and growing rapidly. News Article
We raised $185M USD of venture capital from some of the most respected and successful investors in Silicon Valley.
Despite all these achievements we still have a ton of work left.
- Create a deeper technology stack (10x cheaper, faster and simpler)
- Expand into other markets (e.g support for Azure and GCP)
Enterprise companies of different sizes and types are migrating their data to the public cloud and protecting their data has never been more important and challenging.
Data Protection, Backup and Recovery, is a proven and efficient way to protect from ransomware attacks and accidental data loss. Moreover enterprises must adhere to increasing and evolving regulations that mandates systematic protection and retention of critical data.
Legacy backup solutions fail to deliver an efficient solution as they were built to support workloads running in their own data centers (not cloud native). The cloud providers like AWS and Azure while they provide basic primitives they fail to deliver a full solution that enterprises can depend on for their data protection strategy.
Clumio’s cloud-native platform delivers the most efficient, secure and easiest-to-use service to protect critical enterprise data in the public cloud.
Roles and Responsibilities (주요업무)
Research and Development of
- Serverless applications
- Functional and unit tests
- Deployment and upgrade of services
Platform (primitives used across the tech stack)
- RPCs over queues (e.g SQS)
- Cloud compute workflow management (lambda, containers, etc)
- Library functions to handle API throttling, duplicate messages, crash recovery, upgrade, versioning, etc.
Control Plane development
- Index metadata and determine the backing DB(s) for the given access pattern
- Policy rule engine to allow users express their requirements in a simple manner
- Policy execution and enforcement
- Resource scheduling algorithms to execute policy decisions
- Analyze and generate reports (cost, compliance and audit).
Data Plane development
- Cost efficient data layout for short, medium and long retention.
- Analyze IO patterns (small/large random/sequential).
- Optimize CPU/Memory utilization.
- Strong Computer Science degree and background
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong coding skills (Golang is preferred but not required)
- Strong drive for great quality code (clean, well-tested and well-documented)
- Strong drive to keep making things better
- Cloud computing experience is preferred but not required
- English speaking is preferred but not required
Clumio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Other Jobs from Clumio
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member