Brightcove is a pioneering force in the world of online video. Our cloud platform enables Brightcove customers to upload videos, process them and prepare them for delivery on multiple channels. Online video is a fast-growing technology that changes rapidly. Our platform reflects that with some of the most exciting technologies rarely found outside of Silicon Valley. Our engineers thrive on working on some of the newest and most exciting technologies such as Golang, Docker, and CoreOS. All running in our production AWS cloud environment. If you crave solving real challenging technical problems using the latest tools and working as part of a supportive team of skilled engineers then we are looking for you. We are looking for smart, creative, collaborative, and fun people who have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment building scalable cloud-based APIs and services. Our microservices are owned top to bottom by our engineers and fluency up and down the stack and good operational knowledge of scalable platforms in the cloud will serve you well in this role. Our engineers work on tasks across the stack and must be comfortable with devops and testing automation.
Are you passionate about working directly with customers and immediately impacting their success? We are looking for an exceptional person to join our Customer Support team in providing efficient and accurate technical assistance to ensure complete customer satisfaction for our growing customer base of online video publishers. The ideal candidate is a dedicated problem solver, passionate about rich media technologies, and a proven customer advocate. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated with strong technical experience, excellent written and verbal communication skills and high enthusiasm for customer success.
Responsibilities will include working directly with customers via phone and email to respond to technical issues, providing escalated technical and triage support for other team members, and actively contribute to our online community and knowledge database for up-to-date customer information and solutions. This individual will also work closely with our Engineering, Product Management and QA teams to increase customer satisfaction by providing critical feedback and assistance for product enhancements.
As a member of Customer Support, the candidate will be part of a Global team interacting closely with Support offices in the US, Europe, Australia, Korea, and Japan, as well as with customers around the world. Working for Brightcove will give you a unique opportunity to join a fast growing company and play an integral role building products and online services that promise to transform the media industry and change the way people all over the world watch video.
- Fluent in Japanese and English reading, writing, and speaking skills
- College degree (CS degree preferred)
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer focus
- Proven analytical / problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage initiatives to completion.
- Proven ability to work with the team to quickly and calmly resolve technical issues.
- Solid understanding of internet technologies including browsers, networking, firewalls & proxy servers
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Required to be flexible, detail oriented and organized with the ability to multitask.
- On-call availability
- Strong technology background with a comprehensive knowledge of Internet, Mobile and Digital Online Media technologies such as networking, servers, etc
- Familiarity and working knowledge of Java; experience in Android development is a plus
- Familiarity and working knowledge with rich media applications and mobile SDK development or testing
- Familiarity and working knowledge of RESTful API use, data collection tools, developer support experience
- Meaningful experience with online video and of video encoding applications
- Exposure and working knowledge in at least one other programming language including Objective C/Swift, PHP, BASH, etc
- Ability to test, troubleshoot and diagnose ad integrations issues highly desired
- Working knowledge of video ad serving technologies (VAST, VPAID, VMAP, etc) highly desired
- Working knowledge of ad/video analytics platforms (Omniture, MOAT, etc) highly desired
Please note, we support 100% remote work for applicants who reside in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Targeted Base Salary Range: $75,000-$113,400
The base salary range listed above is across locations in the US. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to an applicant's experience, specialized skills, internal alignment and an applicant's work location.
At Brightcove, we believe that providing comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits packages across the globe are essential to our employees. Base salary is just one component of Brightcove’s total rewards program. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that may include bonus or commission, Brightcove stock, unlimited paid time off, 401(K) matching, generous employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions, tuition reimbursement, 100% paid parental leave and more.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success.
Brightcove offers a variety of perks dependent upon where you live, such as competitive compensation, restricted stock units, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO, and more! Brightcove has brand new office space in downtown Boston, Guadalajara (Mexico), and soon London. We have more offices in Funchal (Portugal), Tokyo (Japan), Singapore, Sydney (Australia), Mumbai and Chennai (India). Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities in any of our 14 offices globally.
We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Brightcove embraces diversity and seeks candidates who support persons of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply. If you need any accommodations for your interview, please email email@example.com.