Bounce powers a global network of 10,000 local businesses that offer luggage storage, package acceptance, and more. We aim to create the world's largest tech-enabled two-way market platform, seamlessly connecting retail chains and travelers through an intuitive app. Our vision is to serve as the "OS for brick & mortar SMB stores," activating new revenue streams with just a “flip of a switch”.
To achieve this, we're seeking dedicated builders who share our core values: innovative, results-driven, scrappy, visionary, and passionate about building a trailblazing company. Bounce is headquartered in Lisbon, Portugal, with a global presence. We are proudly backed by leading Silicon Valley investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and General Catalyst. Our exceptional team ceaselessly challenges the limits of our achievements. Learn more about Bounce's Series A, spearheaded by a16z, here!
🧑💻 What is this role?
Bounce is seeking a Product Engineer to join our Lisbon office. This role will play a pivotal part in crafting new products atop our platform and expanding the efficacy of the Bounce marketplace.
As a Product Engineer, you will take ownership of real-world customer problems, crafting intelligent and efficient solutions across both backend and frontend. You will have the opportunity to own projects in various areas, such as our consumer apps, growth engines, and partner tools.
We are looking for a generalist who thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys owning a feature from concept to completion, contributing across the entire technology stack.
Our ultimate goal is to build a large-scale, shared technology platform that supports various products capable of rapid iteration and exploration.
🛠️ How product gets built at Bounce
At Bounce, we focus on serving our customers and partners rather than solely on technological innovation.
We work in fast-paced 1-week cycles. Projects are usually scoped down to fit into one or two cycles. Projects are led by individuals but are a shared effort across the entire team. There will always be aspects of any project that will require collaboration, feedback, and guidance—we expect you to ask for help.
An ideal candidate is excited by all aspects of this software-building process, not just writing code. We’re a small team that thrives off of individuals who can take features from an idea to live on production. This is not a role where issues will be assigned to you, and you churn through them.
👷🏾♀️ What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with global teams to support new product innovations and business initiatives, continuously exploring new ventures from both an engineering and product standpoint.
- Write high-quality code for our mobile and web applications.
- Assume strong ownership of products and services and continuously improve and maintain existing code and architecture.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and shoulder the responsibility and commitment of the production environment.
- Work with Elixir, React Native, Expo, React, NextJS, and Typescript, and introduce other technologies when beneficial.
- Bring a passion for staying on top of industry trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, and participating in internal and external technology communities.
✅ Your profile
- 2+ years of relevant experience developing and shipping code for production systems
- Generalist that strives for velocity and loves owning a feature from start to finish by contributing across the stack.
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit/integration testing techniques.
- Focused on the customer and the details that make their experience amazing
- Current in relevant technologies and know how to implement them effectively
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
🎁 We offer
- The opportunity to contribute to a well-funded and proven startup with ambitious goals.
- Competitive salary and a generous equity package.
- Private health insurance.
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- Vibrant office in the heart of Lisbon, located in the bustling Santos neighborhood!
- Entrepreneurial culture that encourages pushing boundaries and taking calculated risks as part of everyday operations.
- Open communication channels with management and company leadership.
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- Regular team trips and rooftop parties.
- Gym subscription and parking allowance
€50,000 - €130,000 a year
At Bounce, transparency and fairness drive our compensation model. We calculate salaries based on market values, career levels, and a flexible stock options package.
You will have the choice to optimize your compensation package - prioritize net salary or opt for a larger allocation of stock options. This flexibility empowers you to align your compensation with your financial and career goals. We strive to offer a competitive and personalized compensation structure that encourages shared success.
About Working at Bounce
At Bounce, we're dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment regardless of gender identity, orientation, or expression. Our mission is to eradicate exclusivity and barriers and encourage fresh thinking and perceptions in a space of belonging. We don't define ourselves by race, gender, or age. We are about people. Without our people harnessing their creativity and innovation, we are nothing.
Logistics Mobile Self-Storage