Back to search
Boom & Bucket
Construction E-Commerce Internet Marketplace
Senior Backend Engineer - Remote @ Boom & Bucket
RemoteUSD 135k - 155k
API AWS TERRAFORM .NET
Boom & Bucket
A lot of people say that they're "revolutionizing an industry," 99% of that is marketing fluff. The truth is that most of those revolutionaries are building mediocre SaaS products for underserved markets. It's easy to conflate revolution with evolution when the status quo hasn't moved. That's not us.
Our customers build the world with their heavy machines. Many have been in business for decades. Their businesses built our roads and bridges, subdivisions and stadiums. Our industry is smart, sophisticated, and savvy. They tell us that they're not happy with the way equipment is purchased and sold. So, along with our customers, we're building the Modern Marketplace for Heavy Equipment. Selling a backhoe should be as easy as selling a car, and we’re making that happen.
The three founders have built three unicorns, sold three companies, and have spent most of their lives in construction technology.
We’re building the equipment industry’s most sophisticated marketplace, and we need a Senior Backend Software Engineer who can play a major role in helping us take our platform to the next level. This role will work very closely with our Head of Engineering to ensure that we are executing on the product vision. You'll have a seat at the table as we make critical decisions around product enhancements, new features, infrastructure, and tech stack. If you’re passionate about building a platform/marketplace to disrupt a massive industry and being an early member of a growing engineering team, we want to talk to you.
- Contribute to architecture/tech stack decision making - You'll work with our Head of Engineering to assess options for back-end technologies and help inform decisions that will improve our tech stack for increased scalability.
- Partner with design and provide feedback on the feasibility of concepts - You'll help provide feedback and suggest alternative options as new feature designs come together to ensure we can execute on the vision.
- Own and implement major features of the core platform - You'll own the development of several major features and modules of our core marketplace/platform. You'll ensure that the code is well structured, tested, documented, and maintainable.
- Embrace Extreme Programming practices such as static analysis, code reviews & standards, TDD (where it makes sense), pair programming, frequent releases to minimize risk and maximize value delivery to our customers.
- Help monitor and enhance our infrastructure - You'll ensure that our cloud infrastructure is performing and work on improvements to ensure robustness/scaleability.
- Perform technical research and development via prototyping to inform future development - You'll own and work on mini-projects from time to time as experiments to prove or disprove our ability to build certain features on the longer-term roadmap. You'll also stay current with the latest front-end/backend technologies and share your findings with the team.
- Software Engineering Experience - You have experience with: Event Sourcing, CQRS, TDD/BDD, Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD, DDD
- Tools/Frameworks Used - MediatR, Terraform, MartenDB, .Net Core 3.1/6 LTS, Specflow, OpenAPI, Postman API Testing, AWS Lambdas/SNS/SQS
- Outcomes Focused - You have a track record of owning challenging goals and accomplishing them. You consistently get your work across the finish line, on time at a high-quality bar.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills - You are a team player who enjoys working in a tight-knit engineering team. You know how to keep communication flowing despite the team is geographically distributed.
- Interest in Construction - We’re building tech to power commerce in the $2T construction industry. It’s a monumental challenge but one that is incredibly important. You might not be familiar with the industry or heavy equipment (and that’s okay) but you should have a keen interest in understanding what makes construction tick, what the barriers to digitization have been, and how we can play a major role in the digital transformation of the industry. You’re not only willing but excited to throw on a safety vest, hard hat, and a pair of work boots and go check out some job sites.
- Compensation - $135,000 - $155,000 + equity.