| Global Market for QA
Markets are changing rapidly, and there is a demand for quick software releases. Agile development has become mainstream; on a global scale, 92% of developer teams adopt agile development, 71% of which aim to release at least once a week. With such a rapid cycle, manual verification is too time-consuming, and there is an urgent need for automation. Our services can solve these critical challenges and make our clients a competitive advantage in software development. QA’s global budget is said to reach over $1 trillion. We are rapidly expanding our service reach internationally to win this vast global market.
| About Us
Autify, Inc. is a start-up company founded in San Francisco by a team of engineers who were the first Japanese team to graduate from the top US accelerator, Alchemist Accelerator. With the mission to increase creativity with the power of tech, we develop and provide Autify, an AI-powered software testing automation platform.
In October 2019, we officially released Autify for Web, our test automation software that targets web applications. Also, in October 2021, Autify for Mobile for mobile app testing was officially launched and we have closed our $10M Series A. Although the product lineup is continuing to expand and we have been able to provide all basic functions needed in a test automation platform, we continue to receive requests for new features and improvements.
| About This Role
Since its official release in October 2019, Autify has been implemented by numerous clients, and our client base is continuing to grow. While we provide all the essential functions required in a test automation platform, we continue to receive requests for new functions and improvements. Autify is working on growing the product further by adding new features. For this reason, we are expanding our software engineering team to further develop and improve Autify’s customer offering.
- Work with other engineers, designers, and product leads to implement various features while considering performance, security, and reliability.
- Proactively identify functions that can be improved, and suggest possible solutions in the technical aspects and product-related ideas.
- Web application development using Ruby on Rails, React, and TypeScript.
- Facilitate future development by continually improving the existing systems architecture, code quality, CI/CD pipeline, etc.
- Work with other teams to improve our E2E test automation product built with Selenium, Webdriver, etc.
- Participate in incident handling and be in on-call rotations
- Being able to work in Japan standard time (Working partially in JST can be discussed)
- Over five years of experience as a software engineer focusing on web development.
- Over one year of experience in server-side development (preferably using Ruby on Rails, although other experience is also considered)
- Modern development experience with Agile or Scrum.
- Ability to communicate and work in English.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Ability and desire to improve the frontend architecture so that the entire team can easily develop and introduce new functions and change existing functions
- Has strong experience with leading a technical team and coaching team members.
- Experience working with browser extension APIs and web-based desktop app frameworks such as Electron/Tauri
- A good understanding of UX best practices.
- Experience in E2E test automation with Selenium and Appium
- ISTQB/JSTQB certification
Desired Personality Traits
- A person with a product mindset who can identify and understand issues from the user's point of view, sympathizes with them and proactively provide solutions to tackle those issues
- A person who is excited about collaborating with the team
¥8,000,000 - ¥12,000,000 a year
Reviewed twice a year
1. Submission of online coding test
2. Submission of technical assignment
3. Technical interview: 60min
4. Final interview: 90min
Note: You will be asked to provide references after the final interview.
We can arrange casual interviews before the coding test upon the candidate's request. (Subject to availability of both parties)
| About the Engineering Team
Autify's engineering team is international, with more than half of the engineers being foreign nationals and all developers being English speakers. We have a good culture where members respect each other's backgrounds. Since we have two products, Autify for Web and Autify for Mobile, our development engineers are divided into two teams corresponding to each product. We have about 30 front-end, back-end, and technical support engineers who work closely with engineering managers, product managers, QA managers, designers, and machine learning engineers. The product manager is in charge of the general roadmap. The product manager develops a rough roadmap and works with the engineers and designers on the details of each feature and bug fixes before implementation. Depending on the size of the feature, we appoint a feature lead from among the engineers to be in charge of the project and give them the discretion to make technical decisions.
Our Development Process
We create a ticket about what kind of function we will develop. In some cases, the product owner creates it based on user feedback; in other cases, each team creates bugs and investigation requests directly.
The development cycle consists of one Sprint, which takes two weeks. Development tasks are assigned during the planning stage on the first day of the Sprint, and we hold a daily standup meeting to check the overall progress and any problems. (If there is a time difference, it is done at lunchtime).
We review code on GitHub. After the review, the merged branches are automatically deployed to the staging environment, and E2E tests are performed (which Autify does itself).
After testing on the integrated branch, it's deployed to the production environment. Deployment is done several times a week as needed. We also hold sprint ceremonies like Sprint planning, feature refinement and sprint retrospective sessions. The developer will demonstrate the developed function to all employees at the end of the Sprint in the Sprint Demo.
- Backend: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Go
- Machine learning: Python, PyTorch, Kubernetes
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redis
- Test: Jest, Selenium, WebdriverIO, Puppeteer
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Terraform, Packer, MacStadium
- Monitoring: New Relic, Sentry, Papertrail, Datadog
- CI/CD: CircleCI, GitHub Actions
- Source code management: GitHub
- Project management: ClickUp
- Misc.: G Suite, Slack, Notion, Gather, Zoom, Miro, 1Password, Mixmax, Calendly, etc.
| Employment Conditions
- Regular employees
- Probation period: 3 months after joining the company (conditions are the same as permanent employment)
- Tokyo office or Remote (Hybrid)
- Full flextime system
Note: The determination of working hours (start and end times) must be made to the extent that one's own duties (including guidance and supervision of subordinates) are properly performed and that there are no obstacles to work in terms of coordination and communication with other employees.
- Twice a year
- Complete a five-day workweek system (National holidays, year-end and New Year holidays, etc.)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Equipped with various social insurance
- Regular health checkups
- Stock option system
- A laptop PC will be rented when joining the company
- Remote work allowance
- English learning support
- Visa sponsorship
- Relocation bonus
- Relocation support
Analytics Artificial Intelligence Information Technology Machine Learning Software Telecommunications