Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer - Simulation Web Apps.
In this role, you will
- Build clean and efficient user experiences for a wide range of users
- Build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements
- Be integral to the safety and validation of our vehicles and accelerating autonomy development
- Work across diverse teams of web application engineers, product and UX designers, simulation engineers, autonomy developers, and autonomy test developers
- Thrive on exploring new technologies, welcome new challenges, learn from failures, and seek out candid feedback for continuous improvement
- Take ownership of feature development and understanding the domain they operate in
- Contribute to maintaining and evolving our culture of engaging others with openness, patience, empathy, and mutual respect
- 5+ years experience. Open to any candidates with qualified experiences. Part of the current team doesn’t have a formal CS degree and yet are some of the best around!
Desirable Qualifications (this section is optional)
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Fullstack development and cloud infrastructure (we use Flask, NGINX, Kubernetes/Docker, and AWS)
- Experience in UX, prototyping, design (we use Figma and Lucid)
- Data visualization, 3D graphics, linear algebra, statistics (we use Three.js and Plotly.js)
- Modern C++, WebAssembly, PyBind
- Other web communication standards/libraries like gRPC, GraphQL, WebSockets, or WebRTC
The base salary range for this position is $168,000 - $252,000 per year. Aurora’s pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. The successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual bonus, equity compensation, and benefits.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.