At Arturo, we “Decide with Intelligence.” Arturo’s artificial intelligence (AI) models help insurance carriers make smarter decisions throughout the policy lifecycle, from the property level to the portfolio level.
Our origin as a company developed inside of American Family Insurance sets us apart. We know the business like the back of our hand—because we were once part of it. Today, Arturo continues to build solutions with customer success in mind. We empower companies with critical property insights to make the most innovative and best decisions for their business and clients. Arturo delivers on-demand property data utilizing multi-source imagery via a configurable API, enabling a better risk assessment and impactful ROI for our customers.
Arturo consistently adapts to an ever-changing professional landscape. We support our employees by providing a remote-first flexible work schedule, competitive benefits, home office allowance, and operate an unlimited flexible leave policy.
We are a start-up culture in every sense of the word…we hold a high bar, we lead with empathy, we expect creativity, operate with accountability, and strive for excellence in execution. We also have a lot of fun.
While we continue to operate as a remote-first organization, as a means to build community and enhance the opportunity for in-person engagements, preference is for employees located within the Denver Tech Region (Denver/Boulder/Colorado Springs).
What you’ll do:
- Design, build, integrate, and deploy automated ETL and ML Operations pipelines that are correct, efficient, robust, and repeatable.
- Build and maintain internal software tools aimed at standardizing and streamlining our analytic pipeline and tooling.
- Design, maintain, and deploy internal software tools that standardize and streamline imagery and analytic services.
- Master the design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance of cloud-native microservices for inferring property characteristics from imagery.
- Collect data to optimize pipelines and infrastructure based on cost, throughput, and/or error rate.
- Design, build, and integrate infrastructure-as-code tools for enterprise deployment.
- Adhere to test-driven development (TDD) and CI/CD best practices.
- Ensure microservices are always stable, available, backward-compatible, thoroughly tested, and performant.
- Challenge and be challenged on a diverse, collaborative, and brilliant team.
What you bring:
- B.S. degree plus 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- Expertise in Python or Go, and the enthusiasm to learn new languages quickly and easily.
- Professional & demonstrable experience developing production-ready pipeline Infrastructure code and best practices.
- Thorough understanding of cloud operations and relevant open source libraries and APIs.
- Experience writing production-ready code that leverages modern software development best practices (automated testing, CICD, SRE).
- Proficiency with Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm for containerized deployment
- Proficiency with testing and validation tools.
- Experience building software pipelines with security as a first-order concern.
- Familiarity with asyncio constructs and typing.
- Ample grit is needed to navigate the many failures that precede a successful deployment.
- Ability to simplify and chunk requirements into full working solutions.
- No qualms about removing complexity or pivoting to a more promising solution when an approach stalls or fails.
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills conveying a complex, technical idea to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven track record of weighing the pros and cons of complex decisions and providing sound recommendations.
- Seamless ability to collaborate closely with product and machine-learning engineers to ensure customer requirements are met and on time.
- B.S. or M.S. degree plus 12+ years of relevant work experience.
- Full stack knowledge of ETL, database design & development, frontend interfaces, high-availability microservices, and metrics/logging frameworks.
- A strong interest in machine learning.
- Experience with PyTorch/TorchServe or equivalent.
- Prior computer vision experience.
- Exposure to geospatial data and tools.
- No fear of probability and statistics.
- Experience working with large datasets.
- Insurance domain exposure (underwriting, claims, or risk management).
To be successful in this role, the Senior Software Engineer will:
- Deploy and integrate new models and AI capability into the Arturo production system.
- Design, implement, and thoroughly document intuitive software tools for the Engineering teams.
- Own, build, and deliver software tools that accelerate the following: data ETL, deployment of production-ready analytic pipeline components, scaling service up/down, ensuring correctness, and performance.
- Own the process of maintaining and monitoring the availability, stability, and reliability of all microservices that support the Arturo teams.
What you’ll learn:
- How to build scalable, robust, cloud-optimized data pipelines and ML solutions.
- Best practices for data processing for production deep-learning systems.
- How to instrument, deploy, and sustain state-of-the-art deep learning and computer vision models.
- Hard and soft skills that will make you a better software engineer, strategist, and leader.
- You enjoy solving problems that initially seem impossible.
- You relish working alongside passionate, respectful, and intelligent teammates.
- You value being challenged by those around you to achieve great things.
- You take pride in your work and want to see results provide tangible value.
- You want to create the most sophisticated and accurate products in the InsureTech space.
- Fortune 500 customers will use the outputs of your models to power their business and make decisions.
Compensation and Benefits:
For residents of Colorado: Salary Range: $170-$205k. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including, without limitation, location, experience and performance. Other compensation may include [bonuses/commissions] and stock options. In addition, Arturo provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health- medical, dental and vision (82% employer contribution) insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, paid sick leave and flexible time off (FTO). Relocation assistance will be considered.
Arturo for ALL
We are committed to building a culture as unique as the people, perspectives, and passions it represents. We promise never to settle when it comes to diversity, equity, and inclusion. As the world changes and evolves, we will always listen, learn and do.
Arturo is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Artificial Intelligence InsurTech Machine Learning Predictive Analytics Property Management