At Arturo, we “Decide with Intelligence.” Arturo’s artificial intelligence (AI) models help insurance carriers make smarter decisions throughout the policy lifecycle, from the property level to the portfolio level.
Our origin as a company developed inside of American Family Insurance sets us apart. We know the business like the back of our hand—because we were once part of it. Today, Arturo continues to build solutions with customer success in mind. We empower companies with critical property insights to make the most innovative and best decisions for their business and clients. Arturo delivers on-demand property data utilizing multi-source imagery via a configurable API, enabling a better risk assessment and impactful ROI for our customers.
Arturo consistently adapts to an ever-changing professional landscape. We support our employees by providing a remote-first flexible work schedule, competitive benefits, home office allowance, and operate an unlimited flexible leave policy.
We are a start-up culture in every sense of the word…we hold a high bar, we lead with empathy, we expect creativity, operate with accountability, and strive for excellence in execution. We also have a lot of fun.
While we continue to operate as a remote-first organization, as a means to build community and enhance opportunity for in-person engagements, preference is for employees located within the Denver Tech Region (Denver/Boulder/Colorado Springs).
As a full stack developer on the Apps, Analytics, and Visualization team you will help build engaging, scalable, responsive web applications and the APIs to power them. You will help our customers to analyze, segment, and manage their portfolio by making it simple to interact with over a billion attributes detected using Arturo models. You are an innovative thinker who is experienced in software engineering with a track record of delivering performant, maintainable code.
What you’ll do:
- Be challenged with implementing sub-second APIs and algorithms against 100’s of millions to billions of records
- Work with a passionate team to build highly responsive web applications that defy the standard Insurance and Insurtech experience
- Follow software engineering best practices: CI/CD, automated testing, code reviews, static code analysis, etc.
- Bring new ideas that push the team and the company to new heights
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field plus 5+ years of experience
- A track record of developing fast, scalable, and maintainable APIs using the Go programming language
- Familiarity working with relational databases, i.e. PostgreSQL
- React and CSS experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn
Nice to haves:
- Geospatial software development experience using Deck.gl and PostGIS
- Experience building systems using “NoSQL” datastores
- A history of deploying cloud-native applications using Kubernetes and AWS
- You enjoy solving problems that initially seem impossible
- You relish working alongside passionate, respectful, and intelligent teammates
- You value being challenged by those around you to achieve great things
- You take pride in your work and want to see results provide tangible value
- You want to create the most sophisticated and accurate products in the InsureTech space
- Fortune 500 customers will use the outputs of your models to power their business and make decisions
Compensation and Benefits:
For residents of Colorado: Salary Range: $150k-$200k. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including, without limitation, location, experience and performance. Other compensation may include [bonuses/commissions] and stock options. In addition, Arturo provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health- medical, dental and vision (82% employer contribution) insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, paid sick leave and flexible time off (FTO). Relocation assistance will be considered.
Arturo for ALL
We are committed to building a culture as unique as the people, perspectives, and passions it represents. We promise never to settle when it comes to diversity, equity, and inclusion. As the world changes and evolves, we will always listen, learn and do.
Arturo is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Artificial Intelligence InsurTech Machine Learning Predictive Analytics Property Management