Amplitude is a leading digital analytics platform that helps companies unlock the power of their products. Almost 2,000 customers, including Atlassian, Jersey Mike’s, NBCUniversal, Shopify, and Under Armour, rely on Amplitude to gain self-service visibility into the entire customer journey. Amplitude guides companies every step of the way as they capture data they can trust, uncover clear insights about customer behavior, and take faster action. When teams understand how people are using their products, they can deliver better product experiences that drive growth. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude also believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, improves the ability to solve complex problems, and drives more powerful solutions. We strive to create an environment of inclusion--one focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection,--that will allow employees of all backgrounds to thrive.
About The Role & Team
We’re looking for a full stack product engineer to join the Experiment team within Amplitude. You will be part of a passionate group of engineers to help modern businesses transform their products through data and experimentation. As a product engineer, you will be responsible for building best-in-class end-to-end experiences that empower product teams to do their best work. So if you have a great mix of frontend and backend development experience, strong product thinking, and want to use your skills to help us redefine the future of product development, this will be the perfect role for you.
As a Product Engineer on Experiment, you will:
- Work across our entire stack using Typescript, React + Redux, CSS Modules, GraphQL, Node, Python, Postgres and MySQL.
- Take new product ideas from conceptualization and implementation, through to launch.
- Work closely with customers and use quantitative and qualitative data to iterate on our product.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product and design teams to improve our products.
- Implement analytics tracking to enable and guide our data-driven approach.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Have 3 or more years of experience working in a fullstack engineering role.
- Have hands-on experience with Node.js.
- Enjoy collaborating with Design and Product Management to tackle interesting UX challenges.
- Bonus points if you have AB testing knowledge and prior experience working on internal or external AB testing products.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a generous parental leave, a subscription to Modern Health, and a generous Learning & Development stipend.
The Product: Amplitude is a digital analytics platform – we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and ultimately grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- G2: #1 product analytics solution and #3 best software product
- Business Insider: A top tech company to bet your career on
- Fast Company: #3 most innovative enterprise company in the world
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Vancouver, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Singapore, and employees around the world.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
This role is eligible for equity, benefits and other forms of compensation.
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Colorado: Colorado range: $151,000 - $227,000 base salary (inclusive of guaranteed bonus) OR (inclusive of commission)
Based on legislation in New York City, the following details are for individuals will work for Amplitude in New York City: New York City salary range: $168,000 - $252,000 base salary (inclusive of guaranteed bonus) OR (inclusive of commission)
Based on legislation in California, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude California: California salary range: $168,000 - $252,000 base salary (inclusive of guaranteed bonus) OR (inclusive of commission)
Based on legislation in Washington state, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Washington state: Washington salary range: $151,000 - $227,000 base salary (inclusive of guaranteed bonus) OR (inclusive of commission)
Based on legislation in Washington state, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Washington only: unlimited PTO, 10 to 13 holidays annually (will vary), medical dental and vision PPO and CDHP plans. Finally, a company sponsored 401(k) retirement plan.