Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 19,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Frontend Engineer III
Alma is seeking a mission-driven Frontend Engineer to join our team. We are dedicated to building tools and services which help our providers more easily manage and grow their practice. In this role, you will be building features that solve real problems for mental health providers. The ideal candidate is able to recognize that successful software development requires communication, experimentation, and iteration.
On this scaling team, you will have a strong hand in defining Alma's features, services, and architecture. The ideal person for this role loves to collaborate with other teams to design and build amazing digital experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Gain a deep understanding of what Alma providers do, how they operate, and where their pain points are
- Design, develop, and implement maintainable and scalable client-side features using modern front-end web technologies (HTML, CSS, Webpack, React)
- Develop both member-facing and internal-facing features around onboarding, scheduling, billing, and client management
- Collaborate with teammates, PMs, and designers to conceptualize and build solutions for practical problems facing Alma members
- Ensure applications and services meet Alma's standards for software including performance, scalability, and security
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of experience building web experiences
- You enjoy customer-centered software development and collaborating closely with a team of engineers, designers, and product managers.
- You possess a desire to experiment, (succeed or fail), and use research and data, where appropriate, to make data-driven decisions.
- You have extensive experience with web technologies. We are language agnostic in our interviews but require experience with one or more common web frameworks (React, Angular, etc.).
- You are proficient with CSS preprocessors (Sass, Less, etc.).
- You have an understanding of accessibility and semantic HTML.
- You have experience writing frontend unit tests in a testing platform such as jest or mocha.
- You have a proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $140,000 - $160,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.
Other Jobs from Alma
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member