Akur8 is a young, dynamic, fast growing Insurtech startup that is revolutionizing insurance pricing with transparent AI.
Since 2016 our skilled R&D team of Data Scientists, Software Engineers and Actuaries has developed unique AI algorithms that automate the insurance pricing process in an unprecedented way.
Our solution is a SaaS platform which allows insurance companies to model their risks 10 times faster, with a higher predictive power than traditional methods. constituting a major game changer for the insurance industry.
Akur8 has been already been selected:
- In CB Insights Top 50 World Insurtech Companies 2022
- In Fintech Global’s Top 100 AIFinTech list 2022
- As No.24 in Sønr’s World Top 100 Insurtech Companies 2022
- As 3rd best overall (worldwide) in the CodinGame 2022 Software Engineering Fall Challenge
With 31 nationalities within our team, and offices in Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Milan & Cologne, Akur8’s solution is international by design. Servicing 85 clients across 3 continents and targeting all non-life insurance carriers, we focus on more mature markets for faster expansion.
To learn more about Akur8, and what we do, click here.
Akur8 is, in all senses of the term, an equal opportunities employer. Akur8 puts diversity and inclusion at the heart of its values. We examine all applications based on equal skills and applying the principles of non-discrimination.
We are looking for a talented Engineer with a strong interest in Software Engineering and Machine Learning to join us and contribute to the development of our actuarial pricing platform.
Your mission will be to build and implement technical features in the software and optimize its data structures.
These features answer clear business purposes for insurance Risk Managers and Product Managers, meaning that a good understanding of modelling, maths and logic are necessary for the accomplishment of the mission.
At Akur8 our Python, Java and Angular stack leverages the AWS cloud in order to solve the machine learning and insurance pricing problems that our users face on a daily basis.
You’ll be fully involved in the heart of our platform, learning every day and seeing the impact of your work in production.
Amongst your daily responsibilities, you’ll be required to:
- Lead the development of challenging product features
- Interact with the design and product teams to help transform their needs into well-structured tasks that fit into our Agile development framework.
- Design, build, integrate and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Understand our data models and machine learning algorithms to optimise their computation with the different cloud services within AWS.
Your role in integrating our machine learning with our software, with a focus on robustness and computational performance, will assist in implementing a best-in-class platform that enables insurance companies to reduce their modelling time and premium creation exponentially, whilst at the same time providing the added advantage of improving their predictive power / accuracy.
We're looking for an innovative and rigorous mind that has a solid technical background and a track record of helping their team grow.
- You have just completed or are finishing your PhD in computer science, applied mathematics or related topic;
- You understand client's priorities and have a good sense of urgency to find the right balance between need for fast delivery and code robustness;
- You are interested in machine learning and have good knowledge of maths and/or statistics;
- You have experience in software engineering standards, testing, code reviews and system design;
- Having high-level knowledge of AWS’s main services is a plus (EC2, ECS, RDS, S3, Athena).
Important: You must possess an employment status: French or Schengen area nationality or a ‘carte de séjour’ that will allow you to work from our Paris office. We are equally open to the visa sponsorship of non-EU candidates as long as they are already in possession of their final diploma / attestation of their final academic results.
Other Jobs from AKUR8
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member