Airkit began in 2017 when co-founders Adam Evans and Stephen Ehikian wanted to enable leading brands to connect with their customers in a new, digital way. As consumers of many products, they couldn’t understand why, in the age of big data, AI, cloud computing, and connected products, their interactions with companies were so impersonal, reactive, and time-consuming.
The Airkit team previously founded and built RelateIQ (sold to Salesforce in 2014). We witnessed first hand how every aspect of the relationship between companies and their customers was changing. Everyone and everything is now connected, and customer expectations are rapidly increasing.
Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, the company launched publicly in October 2020. Since then, we have seen the rapid adoption & expansion of our product within leading Fortune 500 brands and hyper-growth businesses, world-wide.
We’re invested in creating a hybrid culture headquartered in Redwood City, CA. We’re currently looking for teammates who are excited about working in person 2-3 days a week with peers who are passionate about their work and the problem we’re solving.
The problem space for no-code/low-code platforms is complex, and helping people maximize the power of those platforms is equally complex. As a member of the Developer Experience Engineering team, you’ll work on projects that support and enhance our Builder Studio, steer growth of the platform, and help us and our users better understand their experience with the Airkit through data and education. If you’re someone who’s obsessed with UI/UX, you may work closely with Design to architect improvements to our WYSIWYG editor or create seamless experiences using design systems. If you’re intrigued by full-stack development, you might work on data integrations, scalability and performance. If you’re drawn to user research and fast-paced experimentation, you may work on onboarding and growth initiatives.
The way companies build software is changing. As an Engineer at Airkit, you’ll be part of a stellar team at a high-growth startup that’s a driving force for that change, which means that you’ll be focused on building the best developer experience for other engineers – and opening the door for a new class of builders at the same time.
- You take pride in the products you build, and are overjoyed when your users meet and exceed their goals.
- You employ a collaborative spirit to create deep partnerships with your Design and Product partners, and your curiosity for how things work makes you a skillful problem solver.
- You believe that great Design can change the world, especially when coupled with your execution skill.
- You value autonomy and opportunities to propose bold new ideas.
- You thrive in a culture that loves to share and learn from each other.
- You’re good at managing your own work and deadlines, and enjoy opportunities to lead or mentor others.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced, iterative environment and are excited to be part of a high-growth startup.
- You’re comfortable operating in ambiguity, and are able to be flexible and make decisions in times of uncertainty.
- Passion for building and a desire to work at an early stage company
- A working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Demonstrated empathy for design and UX methodologies
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Strong cross-platform debugging skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical ideas
- Experience developing high-quality software design and architecture documentation
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience using React & Redux
- Experience with design systems (bonus points for building design systems)
- Bonus points for server-side and/or back-end engineering experience
- Bonus points for UX/UI design experience
- Front End: Typescript, React, Redux
- Backend: Kotlin, Flyway, jOOQ, Gradle, Node
- Infrastructure: AWS, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, Lambda, Kubernetes, Vault, Consul, Terraform, Spinnaker
Working at Airkit
At Airkit, we want our teammates to feel cared for, wherever they are in life. Check out some highlights of our culture and meet some of our executive team here.
Highlights of our benefits package include
- 100% coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Unlimited time off to relax and recharge
- Paid parental leave for new parents
- Retirement plan (401K) with immediate eligibility
- Flexible spending stipend for you to spend wherever it will benefit you most
- Monthly team events & opportunities for building community
Not everyone will match the above qualifications 100%. If your experiences don’t perfectly align, but you think you’d be a great addition to our team, we’d still love to hear from you.
Airkit is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.