Back to search
Analytics Big Data Real Estate
Senior Backend Engineer @ AirDNA
RemoteUSD 140k - 165k
POSTGRESQL REDIS PYTHON KAFKA DOCKER KUBERNETES MICROSERVICES API
AirDNA began with a big dream in a balmy California garage in 2015. Since then, the technology startup has grown into the leading provider of data and business intelligence for the billion-dollar travel and vacation rental industry—with offices in Denver and Barcelona.
Our self-serve MarketMinder platform eliminates guesswork and equips Airbnb hosts with smart and competitive insights needed to succeed in the ever-evolving short-term rental landscape.
We also arm enterprise clients with customized reports and in-depth dashboards to ensure they can scale and invest strategically. These customers include hundreds of top financial institutions, real estate companies, vacation rental managers, and destination marketing organizations around the world.
We track the daily performance of over 10 million Airbnb and Vrbo properties across 120,000 global markets. We also collect data from over a million partner properties. This marriage of scraped and source data, enhanced by our proprietary algorithms, makes our solutions the most accurate and comprehensive in the world.
We’re firm believers that data isn’t the destination; it’s the starting point. The launchpad. The bedrock for any future-forward business.
AirDNA is looking for a senior software engineer to join our back end team. On this critical team, you will help lead the architecture, design, and development of our application microservices, APIs, and their associated relational and nonrelational datastores. You will serve as a technical leader in the organization, and a mentor to other engineers.
At AirDNA, we’re a team of data nerds on a mission to empower our customers to smartly grow their businesses. And we're looking for people with a broad range of experiences and perspectives, who are excited by our mission, values, and drive to change the short-term rental market. We invite you to apply even if you are unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. We carefully consider every application, not just those that check off all the boxes.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Design and build services within our backend architecture on a cross functional team focused on data personalization
- Work on optimizing the delivery of actionable insights, driven by data at scale, using microservice-based APIs and a variety of databases including Postgres, Elastic, Redis, Druid and more
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to a quickly growing team of engineers
- Partner with our Product and Engineering teams to plan and scope work
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- A senior developer - you have exposure to a few languages, at least 10 years of software engineering experience, and experience building, scalable, secure, performant systems. You have 3 years of experience with Python recently.
- A systems thinker - you’ve successfully architected platforms and scaled out services
- A servant leader - looking to support the organization’s success through technical leadership and mentorship
- A forward thinker - you love thinking a few steps ahead and being prepared for all scenarios
- A collaborator - you thrive working across multiple cross-departmental teams in service of common goals
- A mentor - You enjoy teaching others, particularly about software development.
Here's what would be nice to have:
- Experience with Kafka, and message/event-driven workflows
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- A cloud native thinker
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Competitive cash compensation and benefits, the salary range for this position is $140,000 - $165,000 per year.
- Medical, dental, and vision packages to meet your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Remote, in-office or hybrid ok
- Quarterly team outings
- 401K with employer match up to 4%
- Continuing education stipend
- Daily in-office lunch
- We have a great office located just three blocks away from Union Station in the heart of Denver’s historic LoDo neighborhood–high ceilings, exposed brick, a fully stocked kitchen (snacks, espresso, etc.), and plenty of meeting rooms and brainstorming nooks
- Commuter/RTD benefit
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- New MacBooks for employees
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed in specifically for those potential hired who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications.
Benefits include :
The AirDNA Team
We’re a tight-knit group of engineers, scientists, and creatives that is driven to empower the next generation of shared economy entrepreneurs. In short: Life is never boring here. And we genuinely live and breathe our company values: Be Curious, Be Customer-Obsessed, Take Action, Act with Ownership, and Enjoy the Ride. People who are ready to exemplify these values are especially encouraged to apply.
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, AirDNA will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to AirDNA or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request.