About the Job:
We're looking for an experienced backend engineer who can contribute to our product. Our preferred stack is Python/Django and Java on the backend. This is an opportunity to have a big impact and get lots of ownership. We're looking for someone who thrives in the very early stages of a company and is self-driven.
- Deliver features in an end-to-end manner: technical design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Provide technical leadership and own specific areas of the Airbase platform.
- Work closely with Product Managers to translate product requirements to engineering specifications.
- Lead code review efforts and quality efforts in your area of ownership.
- Participate in product discussions, taking ownership and initiative.
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers.
- At least 5 years experience developing web applications and backend services in a professional setting.
- You should have played a lead role in building, shipping and maintaining a non-trivial production service.
- Strong experience with Python / Django or the Java ecosystem.
- Must have an excellent understanding of how the web works.
- Familiar with modern engineering practices: code reviews, continuous-deployment, automated testing.
- Must be willing to constantly learn new things.
- Passionate about joining a small team and building a company.
Nice to haves:
- A history of working on side/hobby projects and contributing to open source projects is a plus.
- You've worked at a startup before.
We offer competitive cash compensation and equity. We're a remote team and are happy to work with candidates from anywhere in the world.