At Afriex, our mission is to remove the friction of sending money across borders and to level the economic playing field on a global scale. To achieve this we are building a global payment network: a scalable and usable infrastructure that integrates existing fiat and crypto payment networks, including but not limited to crypto exchanges, banks, card processors, and public blockchains. We believe that cryptocurrency will set a new standard for secure online payments, giving individuals and merchants a seamless way to transact with anybody in the world..
As one of the first technical hires outside of the two co-founders, this role is as close to being a founder of a company as you can get without starting one yourself! Your role will be to define and deliver features, fully own parts of the stack, and ultimately do whatever is necessary to make the customers happy. If you enjoy taking responsibility, have lots of ideas for improving product & process, and have thought about starting a company yourself, this role could be for you!
You may work in-person or remotely until end of COVID. We do provide relocation assistance. As a founding engineer, you will receive substantial equity compensation, but should expect cash compensation to be below market rates.
You'll be a great fit if...
- Have at least 6 years' experience writing and shipping production-grade code that makes a real impact. We don't mind where you got the experience, but having some is crucial.
- Be comfortable working across the stack and be curious about new technologies. We would prefer if in addition to this versatility and curiosity, you have deep experience or specialization in one of front-end, back-end, infrastructure or Blockchain technology.
- Be entrepreneurial. This means finding problems without being told about them, thinking independently about issues and clearly advocating your position, and taking full ownership of your work, even if things go wrong.
- Your own laptop - Afriex has a Bring Your Own Device Policy (BYOD) for all roles.
How to apply and what to expect:
- Send in your CV
- Initial interview: We’ll chat with you about your background, prior experience, motivation for working at Afriex, and other introductory things. This call is about getting to know you on your terms. After the call, we’ll send you a short take-home assignment, this assignment is more of an opinion piece and should only take 30 minutes to 1 hour. It is meant to measure general product sense and communication skills. It is also used as a good discussion point for the rest of the interview.
- Technical interview: In this interview, You’ll meet with an Afriex team member, Investor or advisor to discuss how you would tackle various problems. We don’t expect you to know the answer to every question we might ask—an impressive technical interview might just as much mean that you asked insightful questions as that you had insightful answers.
- Final team interview: After the technical interview, we’ll let you know whether we’re interested in moving forward to a final interview where you’ll get an opportunity to talk to the entire team at Afriex. We’ll ask you more questions about your leadership and organizational experience and you’ll be able to ask any questions you still have about our culture, our plans, our upcoming technical challenges, and whatever else comes to your mind.
- Offer: After the final interview, we’ll let you know whether we’re interested in extending an offer. If we extend an offer, our team members will continue to be available for you to ask anyone any questions that might have come up for you since the last interview.
All of our interviews will be conducted over video chat.
We want you to be comfortably able to show yourself off in the best possible light. If there are any accommodations we can make during the interview process to make things easier for you, please
let us know. At any point, please feel free to email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you!
Afriex is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member