MAX Digital is looking for strong and innovative software engineers to join our agile team. We build complex and compelling web and mobile applications for the automotive industry (specifically for car dealers). We are rebuilding the car buying experience around the consumer, and we're seeing benefits for everyone involved. Join us and spend your days innovating and building products to make that a reality. We're looking for curious, collaborative people who are eager to teach what they already know and who jump at an opportunity to dive into new territory.
Successful members of our team are internally driven to finish assignments, make noise when blocked, and are just as eager to learn new technologies as they are to jump in and solve a problem in legacy code, because to them it's all about the success of the team. Those who succeed on our team take risks to go after big rewards and are not afraid to try new things.
What you will do:
As Staff Engineer on our NextGen Engineering team, you will be responsible for keeping a consistent and dedicated engineering focus on the version of our products in use by our customers today. We believe that being innovative does not stop when a product launches.
The Staff Engineer is expert in our technologies and a lead engineer, providing guidance to our Front End team. This requires working with Product Owners on the definition of requirements to develop new SaaS and mobile applications that are disrupting the automotive industry. The Staff Engineer creates actionable technical specifications and is the overall Front End code owner, assigning work to team members and reviewing their code prior to implementation.
The NextGen Engineering team is also partnered with the MAX Digital legacy teams on transforming our core systems, leveraging the latest technologies. This person is strategic and can play the role of architect, tightly aligned with other engineers across the organization to build innovative consensus. This is a great opportunity to help shape and grow best-in-class automotive solutions.
- Architect, deliver, and maintain full stack front end systems with many components and services.
- Collaborate with software and production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of our products.
- Influences company wide engineering standards for tooling, languages, and build systems.
- Develop and implement 2-3 year lifecycle plans for all tools to ensure business risk and liability are accounted for.
- Contribute, influence, and set standards for all technical aspects of a product or service including but not limited to; testing, debugging, performance, languages.
- Implements engineering wide security standards and ensures security compliance for the business.
- Modify and develop custom software patterns as needed to solve the most complex software problems.
- Accountable for the overall performance of products and/or services within a defined area of focus.
- Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites for your products.
- Lead team discussions to define requirements on new and current products.
- Respond to and troubleshoot the most complex problems quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Acts as a mentor or leader for less experienced engineers.
- Manages third-party consulting resources, as needed.
- Handle multiple competing priorities in an agile, fast-paced environment.
What you need:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 - 8 years Experience architecting, developing, and delivering software products
- 5+ years of experience building and deploying Web applications at scale.
- Evidence of successfully leading initiatives across multiple teams over multiple years
- Experience with transitional architecture or replacing existing systems without downtime
- Excellent communication skills between the technical and non-technical teammates; including problem solving, larger audience presentations, and one on one work
- Experience with contributing to staffing plans supporting engineering management
- Experience in a highly iterative environment with automated testing and continuous integration
- Experience maintaining and extending an existing codebase, adapting to pre-existing patterns and tracing the code’s path of execution
- Experience debugging distributed systems
- Extensive Experience developing unit tests
- Experience with build & deployment automation (CI/CD, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, etc)
- Experience with version control systems (Git)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture/Microservices and Event Sourcing in a platform like Kafka preferred
- Experience with C#, Python, and Java is a plus.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and Future Growth Opportunities.
- Learning & Development Opportunities!
- We love to see our engineers grow and learn and have invested heavily in our internal Learning and Development program, which provides access to PluralSight, Frontend Masters, as well as in-person conferences.
- Annual Hackathons with some amazing prizes!
- Career development and future growth opportunities.